Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can babies have water flavoring?

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

Can babies have water flavoring?

Advertisements
    Addi hates water but I put some strawberry watermelon mio in it in her sippy cup and she LOVED it.

Is that okay? Also how much water should she drink? She's 10 months on the 2nd. and she drinks 24 ounces of formula a day, no more and no less.

2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I think it's to each their own, I don't think having a little in her water is a horrible thing. *I* personally wouldn't give it but I also don't drink it because it has Aspartame (acesulfame postassium) in it and we don't consume that.
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I was going to try to wean her to straight water with it because she won't drink straight water no matter if its warm or cold

4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I dont know shit about kids, but I know I wouldnt. Also, I refused water. Hated it. Didnt ever drink it until I hit like 8, and even then it was a glass maybe once a month. I exclusively drank milk for my entire childhood because water was so gross to me. I wouldnt worry to much, so long as she isnt dehydrated.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    I was going to try to wean her to straight water with it because she won't drink straight water no matter if its warm or cold
    Wyatt went through a phase where he wouldn't have straight water. Since we don't regularly buy those, I used citrus juices squeezed fresh to flavor and it did the trick and he now gets 'juice' as a treat otherwise straight water.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would avoid anything with artificial flavoring. Gosh knows what they do to adults!

I would try what someone stated above, and just add a little fresh fruit juice.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    I would avoid anything with artificial flavoring. Gosh knows what they do to adults!

I would try what someone stated above, and just add a little fresh fruit juice.

Maybe try putting a little orange juice (straight from the orange) in it.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Wyatt went through a phase where he wouldn't have straight water. Since we don't regularly buy those, I used citrus juices squeezed fresh to flavor and it did the trick and he now gets 'juice' as a treat otherwise straight water.
    I'll try that instead! Any particular ones?

9. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I would go for lemon or lime juice instead.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    I'll try that instead! Any particular ones?
    We did them all. He still loves lime water. I would pour a big glass of water and then juice an entire lime and then pour about half into his sippy and water it down some. Worked great. Just keep adding less and less of it. We did orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit, tangerines, just whatever looked good at the store that week.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast