Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I NEED SLEEP.

1. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

I NEED SLEEP.

Advertisements
    I have tried everything with this child, she is the worst sleeper on planet earth. It is 2:07 am and we have been up since 12:30. I can't get her to go back to bed. Which is rare, usually GOING to sleep is fine, it's staying asleep. Whatever. I just need a break and I want to go to bed. And venting to DH just pisses me off more because it doesn't matter what he says, none of it brings him home to let me have a good night of sleep so it just annoys me. (I know, I'm a bitch. Whatever. I pretend it helps, for his sake lol.) Also, he's been gone since she was 3 months old and has no idea how difficult this is. I know being away is a struggle for him, but we're facing 2 different struggles and he just can't begin to understand mine, but he seems to act like it can't possibly be that bad. Which, I try not to vent to him too much because he's over there, but it's hard not to because I have nobody to vent to otherwise. Idk.

CIO also doesn't seem to work since she can stand up in her crib and go apeshit now, usually resulting in her getting so pissed that she spits up.

Whatever. I am tired.
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Getting bad broken sleep with no end in sight is soooooooooooo frustrating. We are going through some sleep regression with Kalista and OMG I just want to pay someone else to sleep train her while I take the LONGEST NAP EVER. I hope Belle Awesome Face gives you a break soon!

3. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

I hear whiskey helps with sleep...

4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Ada's been in the same pattern. She'll go to sleep and then wake up a couple hours later ready to go. I make sure she's not hungry or wet and put her back in her bed with her sound machine running. She's usually pretty satisfied with that. I hope she lets you sleep soon, hon.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I HATED talking to Scott about struggles with Aubs when he was deployed. He left when she was 2 1/2 weeks and came back when she was 8 1/2 months, so he had NO IDEA what I was going through. Plus, he thought that PPD was just "missing him", so it was a kind of cute, solemn sadness that would quickly dissipate when he got home. I ended up just not talking to him much about the struggles and instead, I focused primarily on Aubsie's milestones and talking to him about menial things like TV shows I watched or the food that I ate. It was easier that way because I didn't get pissed off at him for being an absent father (because I didn't focus on my own struggles when I talked to him) and he didn't get railed for something totally outside of his control.

We've gone into a lot of detail and explanation since he's been back and it's really helped him to grasp how difficult it was for me. He has since told me that his deployment was draining, but my side of the separation was much more difficult. I know, I know, "everyone's struggles are equally hard and can't be quantified yadda yadda blah blah blah", whatever. I don't give a shit about the politically correct spiel-- it made me feel validated and understood that he acknowledged how difficult the deployment was for me and how close I came to self-destruction. And he has gained a TON of respect for me, seeing how I was able to pull myself out of the chasm without any medication or with very little external support.

Again, he didn't really understand while he was deployed because he literally couldn't-- he wasn't here and he hadn't been here. He had nothing to compare it to. Once he got home, that all changed and after a brief readjustment period, his respect for me skyrocketed. Try to have grace with him while he's still gone-- he's just ignorant of your struggles because he isn't there and he hasn't been through it yet. He'll learn very quickly when he gets home and he'll likely respect your side of the deployment a LOT more down the road.

So, so many hugs It's so difficult to feel utterly indignant and misunderstood, especially by your own spouse.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.

I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I doubt it will help much. I will say a prayer for you instead.
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Sounds very similar to how Ansley was! I would be up with her for as much as 3hrs, rocking her, before she'd finally go down Eventually we DID do CIO with her once we got into our own place and it DID work for *her.* CIO didnt work for Bella, who still wakes up through the night. Not sleepign sucks and i hope you are able to find something that will work for you guys and that you can get some sleep!
  8. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this I wouldn't wish sleep issues on anyone I really hope it's just a phase and passes very quickly for both your sakes

9. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    No advice but many and for sleep!
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  10. Senior Member
    E loves her sleep sheep and Fisher price projection mobile. She can turn them both on herself and she likes to do that when she wakes up. Have you tried anything like that? I'd especially recommend the projection mobile because it gives them something to look at and focus on. Ours even has a remote control so you can turn it on for them from outside of the room...