Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Night terrors

1. Banned
    Banned

Sad Night terrors

Advertisements
    Cameron just had one. It was awful. He just screamed and screamed and screamed. I have NEVER heard him ever scream/cry like that, and I don't ever want to hear it again. He refused his binky, he refused the boob (which never happens ), and he was just flailing around in my arms like he was trying to get away from me. When he finally woke up, he looked at DH and I like he didn't even recognize us. I almost started crying myself because he was so scared and nothing I did was helping him. When he did wake up, he ate for a few minutes, took his binky, and fell back asleep.

Now I'm sitting here shaking because of all the adrenaline going through me. So much for going to bed once my movie is over!
  2. Moderator

That can be super scary.

Years ago, someone told me to take them outside during a night terror. Something about that helps them re-adjust and acclimate quicker. I don't remember why, but it always helped.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I'll definitely remember that! Jason was taking a nap before work, and when he woke up he heard him crying and came in and just looked at me like I was nuts because I was just holding him while he was throwing himself around. I think it took a couple seconds to sink in that something wasn't right. Between this and his tummy ache, he just hasn't had a good day.
  4. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Aww, poor little man. I hope his little tummy feels better soon and those night terrors ease up on him. I remember that shriek sound all too well. It broke my heart every time and scared the crap out of me every single time.

C.