Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: idk how much more i can take.

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

idk how much more i can take.

Advertisements
    this is the 3rd night in a row i haven't slept.

her fever this morning was 105.2 i called the hospital and they told me it wasn't uncommon for a viral infection. i think they're full of shit but whatever. i've been there twice this week and they don't do shit for her but give her tylenol and send her home. and she goes "it's just going to have to run it's course"... ok yeah. let me just chill here at home with a 9 1/2 month old who's on fire.

anyway i've been alternating tylenol and motrin like they told me to do and it seems to be helping and she's fine all through the day eats fine and naps fine. until we get to night time. where she vomits like 10 times in a row and gags and gags until she has nothing left in her stomach like she just now did. and like she did last night as well. i've just been giving her drops of pedialite with a dropper since she'll probably just throw up if i feed her.

i don't know what to do. there's a few different hospitals here but i'm scared since the children's one didn't do shit for her neither will the other ones. this is like day 3 now and i'm just losing my mind.

worst part of being a mom.

2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be taking her to the er (cause most of the time they are idiots unless you break an arm or bleeding out...) and be bugging your normal ped everyday.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    I wouldn't be taking her to the er (cause most of the time they are idiots unless you break an arm or bleeding out...) and be bugging your normal ped everyday.
    i went there today and they re checked her urine and said everything looked clean except for a tiny bit of protein which she said she thinks is caused by her fever. ugh. i don't even know.. i mean is there something they can give her to make all of this go away?

or course her fever was fine when we went and spiked again right after we left. i don't think they believe me. ugh.

4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I'm with Mac. I would be kicking my pediatricians butt to figure out why my daughter was running such a high fever for so long.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm so sorry, dude It's freaking 3:17am and I haven't slept yet, thanks to Baubs. She's not sick though, so it's a hundred times less stressful. Just teething and insomnia-y. Thinking of you guys.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. Senior Member
    They probably figure if it can be broken that there's not much else they can do. If the antibiotic isn't helping at all and it's viral then they can only treat the symptoms, so as long as she's not getting dehydrated and the fever isn't staying that high all day. The only thing I can think of is maybe if she has bacterial infection elsewhere in her body that's not covered by the antiobiotic she was on, but I assume they looked in her ears and everything? I'm sorry you're dealing with it I know it sucks to see them like that.
  7. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLea View Post
    They probably figure if it can be broken that there's not much else they can do. If the antibiotic isn't helping at all and it's viral then they can only treat the symptoms, so as long as she's not getting dehydrated and the fever isn't staying that high all day. The only thing I can think of is maybe if she has bacterial infection elsewhere in her body that's not covered by the antiobiotic she was on, but I assume they looked in her ears and everything? I'm sorry you're dealing with it I know it sucks to see them like that.
    yeah they checked everything and told me the anti biotic they gave her, they use it to treat everything from strep throat to ear infections and uti's. he said it was a strong anti biotic and should knock out everything.

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Poor baby, and poor mommy Unfortunately though, since it's viral there isn't really much they can do apart from let it run its course. Frustrating as hell, I'm sure though. I hope she's feeling better soon and you can get some rest!

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  9. Banned
    Banned
    unfortunately if it is firal there is nothing you can do but let it run it's course.

for the fever I have found the best way to break a high fever is a bath. start with luke warm water and keep child in it until water starts to turn cold , then keep in light clothes, like a diaper and t-shirt and keep the pedialyte in them as much as possible.

healing thoughts to your little one!!
  10. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

I have no advice that hasn't already been said. Tons of , hoping baby gets to feeling better real soon!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast