Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Napping

1. Junior Member

Napping

Advertisements
    I'm exhausted - my baby does not like to nap! I can see him getting tired and I try to put him to sleep but he fights it so bad. I think he sleeps about 1 or 2 hours during the day and thats it - probably around 2 40 min naps It leaves me trying to entertain him for the rest of the time. I have absolutely no time to do anything. Before he would take several naps in the morning and then one in the afternoon consisting of about 2 - 3 hours ... then we moved ... now he's too interested in everything around him. He sleeps at night from around 9/10pm to 4/5/6am but will always wake up once or twice during that time and we stick a pacifier in his mouth for him to go back to sleep.

I keep reading about babies his age who have 3 2-3 hour naps during the day, or 4-5, 45 min naps and then sleep through the night .. I'm jealous.

Any advise?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DS slept like a charm for the first 2.5-3ish months then decided sleeping during the day was not for him. It was only recently that we were able to get him to take an afternoon nape (2 hours long) and there was a alot of CIO in the process.

For us, we would go into DS's room and play with a specific toy, read a book, and then I put him in his crib. If he started crying I let him go for 5 min. Went in soothed him and got him back to sleep. If he woke up again I have him 10 min, went back in an soothed him back to sleep (never picking him up). We only got to the 15 min mark a few times and that is when I would take him out of the crib to sooth him.

After about 4 days, he started napping better. We still have days where he only wants to do an hour, but for the most part he is down for 2.