Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amber necklaces

1. Senior Member

Amber necklaces

Advertisements
    I want to order one in the next couple of days. What should I look for? How does sizing work? Can they sleep with them on? I'll be getting it on Amazon so f anyone has a link to a good one I'd appreciate it. Tia!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I am so curious as to f these really work! I have never tried one but am always hearing about them!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We got the smallest one available-- I think it was like 10 or 11 in? You don't want too much slack because it can catch on something and become a choking hazard. Also make sure that the beads are INDIVIDUALLY knotted so that if the necklace breaks, the beads don't scatter and become choking hazards. Other than that, you should be good! We have one and it works great

ETA: At night, I moved her necklace to her ankle. Still touches the skin, so it still works.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I don't about sizes because I try them/buy them from a local store. Lm hasn't taken hers off since she got it. She bathes and sleep in hers.
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Can I just ask why parents use amber necklaces at all?

My understanding of how it works is that Baltic amber contains a substance called succinic acid, that is released into the skin upon contact with the baby. This acid has pain-reducing abilities. Right? I just am because succinic acid is listed as skin irritant in chemical databases, and it seems like a necklace where you cannot accurately regulate the concentration of succinic acid that is reaching the skin might be dangerous, kwim?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Can I just ask why parents use amber necklaces at all?

My understanding of how it works is that Baltic amber contains a substance called succinic acid, that is released into the skin upon contact with the baby. This acid has pain-reducing abilities. Right? I just am because succinic acid is listed as skin irritant in chemical databases, and it seems like a necklace where you cannot accurately regulate the concentration of succinic acid that is reaching the skin might be dangerous, kwim?
    In acid/liquid form yes it is, in natural unprocessed Baltic stone form its perfectly safe and it reduces teething troubles significantly. It makes teething bearable for everyone and is safe.
  7. Senior Member
    Thanks guys! I highly doubt anyone sells them around here, stuff like that isn't very popular here. I'll probably order a few and send back whichever ones don't work.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    Thanks guys! I highly doubt anyone sells them around here, stuff like that isn't very popular here. I'll probably order a few and send back whichever ones don't work.
    I got mine on Etsy
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    Just make sure to read reviews to make sure you're actually getting real amber. I know there's quite a few fakes out there. I got mine through a babysteals deal but I'll be ordering directly from the company on FB (they may have an etsy shop, too) called Mon Petit Mardi. We got a bracelet but it's too big for a bracelet and just barely too small for feet so he wears it when I know he's teething and I'm around since he can pull it off his own hand and toss it places It's on loan to a friend with a teething right now and she said it's a godsend for her son.
  10. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Does anybody have any experience in if the anklets are effective enough to just get one of those rather than a necklace? I want to order Madison one as well, but I'd prefer an anklet over a necklace or bracelet

be cool.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast