Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding weight gain

1. Senior Member

Breastfeeding weight gain

Advertisements
    I go to a breastfeeding support group every Wednesday at the same hospital I work at, mainly to weigh Zach every week. The LC was standing there while I weighed him today and looked at his weight from last week and he had gained 11oz, she asked if he had only had breast milk and I told her yep, she said "REALLY?!" like she couldn't believe it He is now 8lbs 11oz (technically 12oz was gained because I weighed him before and after he ate and 1st was 8lbs 10oz, then 8lbs 11.5oz, the week before he was 7lbs 15oz)

For those of you that EBF, how quickly did your LO's gain weight? The week before he gained 10oz, so he's definitely gaining well.
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Aww

Landon gained weight like crazy and he was EBF until he was 6 months old. He gained around 3lbs a month for the first 6 months and then about 2lbs a month after that until a year.

3. Senior Member
    His pedi wanted him to gain 2lbs by the time we go back for his 2 month check up, at 1 month he was 6lbs 13oz, so he's already almost hit that goal and we still have almost 2 weeks before his 2 month appt. He was still below the 5th percentile at 1 month, but hopefully he will at least be on the charts when we go back.
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Kalista gained like crazy, too. She was EBF for 6 months and her pediatrician used to say I have magical milk and I made cream. She slowed down with her gaining a lot after I stopped EP and she switched to formula, even though she wasn't mobile at all until she was 8 months old.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have a little peanut who is just a naturally small kid and has a slow growth curve like I had. He gained much slower than that EBF but, like I said, he's like me and just going to be smaller for a while Keep up the good work!! Sounds like you've got some extra special milk in there!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I can't remember how much YDD weighed at the very early appts. but she was 6lbs. 9ozs. at birth. At 2 months she was 12lbs. 4 months she was 15lbs. 4oz. 6 months she was 17lbs. 5ozs. She has been staying the 70-80% for her weight. Anywhere from 50-72% for her length. She'll be 7 months in 13 days. We've tried a little food here and there since her last appt. but she loves her boob juice and to nurse to be close to me so I haven't pushed it.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    I have a little peanut who is just a naturally small kid and has a slow growth curve like I had. He gained much slower than that EBF but, like I said, he's like me and just going to be smaller for a while Keep up the good work!! Sounds like you've got some extra special milk in there!
    This.

Cameron initially gained 2 lbs a month for the first 2 months, but after that he started slowing down. He was only 14 pounds at 6 months, and right now at 8 1/2 months he is 17 pounds. I make big-little babies.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DS was EBF for 5 months and from birth to that point gained 11.6lbs
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post
    This.

Cameron initially gained 2 lbs a month for the first 2 months, but after that he started slowing down. He was only 14 pounds at 6 months, and right now at 8 1/2 months he is 17 pounds. I make big-little babies.
    Wyatt's only 21/22lbs at 23mos old he's such a peanut! He picked out a 6mos sized onside with long legs and arms and while the legs are about 4in short, the rest fits hit perfectly fine
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Wyatt's only 21/22lbs at 23mos old he's such a peanut! He picked out a 6mos sized onside with long legs and arms and while the legs are about 4in short, the rest fits hit perfectly fine
    That's gonna be Cameron. He is still in 3/6 clothes, and he fits in 6 mo clothes...but they are still big on him (he can still wear them though). He ends up crawling/cruising out of 6 month pants though. Those are soooo long on him. At least we are getting some good use out of all his clothes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast