Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At what point do you go to the dr?

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

At what point do you go to the dr?

Advertisements
    Addi has had a 102.7 fever for two days now. I thought it might be from teething since she's refusing solid but still drinks a bottle fine and her cheeks are red and rashy.

I tried to break it with Tylenol and a cold bath and it gets down to 101 but that's it.

I'm starting to think its something else but she woke up screaming last night and I put baby orajel on her gums and she fell back asleep. She's been crying on and off all day for two days

2. sassypants
    sassypants
    You could try alternating motrin and tylonol, ever 4 hrs or so, thats what my mom used to do

and my mom was a nurse

we went to the doctor when we were dieing
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    yeah thats how i am. we go when we're dieing that's why i wasn't sure

and she's always been happy from birth until... now so i have no idea how to handle all this crankiness. she drank her formula out of a sippy cup just now and did fine but she's still whining.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Just trust your gut. If you feel she needs to go in, and are unsure, you could call your doctor. Or maybe even an ask a nurse line.

It is no fun having a cranky baby
  5. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Lesson to your gut mamma! If you feel she should likely go in then take her in, and if you feel she would be fine waiting it out till like tomorrow. I'd wait it out and see how she is tomorrow, and then go from there. With it being Monday you'd have a better chance of going to her actual doctor instead of like Urgent care or the ER(which I hated taking DD to, but I would end up there if DD was vomiting on top of having a fever.. Since if she was THAT sick at that age I wasn't going to wait 24hrs or more to get into the doctors office..)

For DD, even now at 5, with any fever over 101 that lasts over 24 hours, and doesn't go away even with medication. I ALWAYS head to the doctor if they are open, and if they are not open I go straight to the nearest Urgent care place or ER ASAP. Since I've always been told by people, inculding doctors. "If a fever of 102+ last over 48hrs, and does't respond to medication. It's likely something else other than just a clod/virus."

Which so far every single time so when DD has a fever like that(even when she was a baby.). That doesn't really respond well to medication. It's always been an ear infection or a respiratory infection. Every single time... So I never wait it out even the full 48 hours anymore if it's a high fever. Even if she's bouncing off the walls with the high fever. We still go into her doctors office, because she gets ear infections a LOT...

Anywyas, hope it's just her teething!
    Signature removed due to size.
  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

do motrin first then tylonel after 4hrs. If it doesnt get lower, i'd atleast make a call and see what they say. From what i've seen in my 6.,5yrs of child raising, teething doesn't usually cause fevers that high. But the good news is that she is still drinking
  7. Senior Member
    I prefer Motrin over tylenol. If it's bad, I do what others suggested and alternate.

E had a 103 fever in October, and it stayed high-ish for 5 days straight (but responded to the motrin/tylenol)...after that, she had 4 molars Everyone says kids don't get fevers from teething, but she sure did.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    I prefer Motrin over tylenol. If it's bad, I do what others suggested and alternate.

E had a 103 fever in October, and it stayed high-ish for 5 days straight (but responded to the motrin/tylenol)...after that, she had 4 molars Everyone says kids don't get fevers from teething, but she sure did.
    Wyatt did the exact same thing when he got his molars. One of the signs of teething for us is a high fever that I can control but hangs around forever. I'm leaning towards Addi being one of the "lucky" ones to get fevers when she's getting teeth in, too, especially since you say she's not interested in solids.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh, and to answer your question, we go when we're dying Wyatt went to the ER last summer when he suddenly got a rash which turned out to be a viral thing and he gets it every time he's sick now so I don't worry anymore and I haven't been to a regular doctor for a while, just my OBGYN check ups. Last summer I was in the ER for a UTI that turned into a bladder and kidney infection before I got any symptoms but other than that, nothing here. We also typically don't medicate unless someone's dying, as well. Wyatt gets Tylenol if his fevers are on the high end but we exhaust natural solutions first.
  10. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post

yeah i went and picked up some motrin today and teething tablets and she was a happy camper for the rest of the day. her fever went down to 100.5. last night was awful as far as sleep goes. she woke up in the middle of the night for the first time since she was 2 months old and she woke up multiple times after that. she's sleeping now and has been for 2 hours so i'm hoping tonight will be a better night.

she did eat her baby food earlier around 7 and drank 5 ounces and then passed out at 9 so at least she's still eating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast