Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Wearing?

1. Senior Member

Baby Wearing?

Advertisements
    I'm on baby number 3 and I have never done "baby wearing" with either of my girls. But because life is more chaotic and I only have two hands, I'm starting to think that baby I should seriously give baby wearing a chance with number 3. The issue that I have is that he is small still for his age since he was born a little early. He's 5 weeks old and still in newborn clothes and diapers and he's definitely not even 8 pounds. I'd like to get something that can grow with us as opposed to growing out of. He has severe acid reflux. It literally shoots out of his nose and mouth even hours after he's eaten. What have you used and what did you think of it. If I invest the money I want to like it... Any suggestions or tips for baby wearing?
    Mommyof2in09 is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I really recommend a moby wrap since he's small and spits up a lot. It's easy to wash and on the cheaper-ish side.
    Now an ergo would be better to grow with him but not as good for his tiny but still do able. Not sure how well it washes.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    I really recommend a moby wrap since he's small and spits up a lot. It's easy to wash and on the cheaper-ish side.
    Now an ergo would be better to grow with him but not as good for his tiny but still do able. Not sure how well it washes.
    Did you mean Moby?
  4. Senior Member
    Are Moby's hard to figure out? When I've seen them (just a couple of times) they seem semi complicated...
  5. Senior Member
    I have a Moby that I've been using since he was about 2 weeks. He'll be 6 weeks old tomorrow and was 7lbs 15oz today, so I'm right there with you on the small baby, he's still in newborn clothes and diapers. It takes some practice to get the wrapping right and tight enough, but once you get it figured out it's pretty simple to get it on. Takes me less than a minute to get it on and him in it now. He loves to be snuggled up close and that frees up both of my hands if you do get one, watch some of the videos on youtube on how to put it on, I watched them and got it quicker than just the pictures on the instructions. I also have an ergo, but he's still a bit tiny for it, we've tried it on with him, but want to wait til he's bigger to wear him out in it.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by better2gether View Post
    Are Moby's hard to figure out? When I've seen them (just a couple of times) they seem semi complicated...
    They look pretty intimidating at first, but like I said once you do it right once, it's pretty easy to do. I do the gathered most of the time instead of the folded because it's quicker.
  7. Senior Member
    It kind of seems like the Moby is the way to go, but I have to be honest and say that I'm a bit intimidated by the whole thing. But I'm going to watch some youtube videos and look online to see what I think. I'm semi smart, certainly I should be able to figure it out.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I recommend something quick and easy for littlies, like the Baby K'tan It's cheap and great for little newborns.
    Amazon.com: Baby K'tan Baby Carrier, Black, Small: Baby

For older babies, I'd recommend a structure carrier like:
    the Beco Amazon.com: Beco Gemini 4-in-1 Baby Carrier - Black: Baby
    the Boba Amazon.com: Boba 3G Baby Carrier, Montenegro Black: Baby
    or the Ergo Amazon.com: Ergo Baby Performance Carrier - Charcoal Black: Baby

We have the Ergo and it's AWESOME. I highly recommend carriers where the baby can face you-- not crotch danglers like the BabyBjorn. That can be very harmful to little hips because they hang unsupported.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by better2gether View Post
    It kind of seems like the Moby is the way to go, but I have to be honest and say that I'm a bit intimidated by the whole thing. But I'm going to watch some youtube videos and look online to see what I think. I'm semi smart, certainly I should be able to figure it out.
    I HATED the Moby Everyone said I would get the hang of it and it would become so easy. It NEVER did It sucked every time. I gave up and just switched to the Ergo. Next time around, I'm getting a Baby K'tan. They look SO much easier. Same idea, but no wrapping.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I love the k'tan... Same idea as the Moby but less complicated.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast