Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Bag Tips

1. Getting Married April, 15, 2012!!
    Getting Married April, 15, 2012!!

Shock Diaper Bag Tips

Advertisements
    I'm thinking of getting the diaper bag packed since she'd due in 3 weeks and we have to go to Texas to go get Paisley!!

What did you pack? What should we pack? How many outfits did you pack, how many blankets, what kind of blankets.

Please help!!!

I'm already afraid of over packing since we will be in Texas for a few days and having to drive 10 hours to get her back home!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

So from what it sounds like, its more a suitcase then a diaper bag right?

I would pack 2 outfits for her for every 1 day you will have her & be away from home.

I would pack 4-6 blankets/burp clothes, maybe 2-3 more if you will gone longer then 4 days and don't have access to a washer & dryer.

5 diapers for every 1 day you will be gone (can always get more if you run out), and 2 packages of wipes.

If your doing pacifiers, I would bring 4-5.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post

So from what it sounds like, its more a suitcase then a diaper bag right?

I would pack 2 outfits for her for every 1 day you will have her & be away from home.

I would pack 4-6 blankets/burp clothes, maybe 2-3 more if you will gone longer then 4 days and don't have access to a washer & dryer.

5 diapers for every 1 day you will be gone (can always get more if you run out), and 2 packages of wipes.

If your doing pacifiers, I would bring 4-5.
    This is what I was going to say, plus a couple extra sleepers, bottles and nipples, and I was going to say ten diapers for each day, but of course you can always buy more if you need. I'm so excited for you!
  4. Getting Married April, 15, 2012!!
    Getting Married April, 15, 2012!!
    THanks! I have like 20 outfits laid out haha.
  5. Senior Member
    Since you'll be driving I would focus more on sleepers than outfits, easier for diaper changes, and she'll probably sleep most of the time in the car. Oh and mittens and hats!
  6. Senior Member
    I love sleepers. I rarely use outfits at a young age. And don't worry, there will be stores if you forget something.
    Mommyof2in09 is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey
  7. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I'm not sure if FF babies are the same as BF but Madison would have a BM EVERY feeding. So I'd pack at least ten diapers for every day you'll be away from home.

Madison likes to have blow outs when were away from home so I'd have 5 outfits fr every two days.

At least three types pacifiers I you plan to use them. Make sure they're different types, so you know which she prefers. I'd pack like two of three diff. kinds

Lots of bibs. Idk if its normal for most babies but half of the bottle always gets fed to her shirt

be cool.
  8. Senior Member
    I would suggest a suitcase. Since you are adopting, how many days do you have to stay in Texas before you can take the baby across state lines. Isn't Texas 14-30 days wait? I forgot when i looked it up when we were going to adopt a baby from Texas. I would suggest 3-4 outfits/sleepers a day. Maybe a bunch of onsies since Texas has bipolar weather and it can be 80+ one day and 50 the next LOL.

9. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Depending on where in TX you will be, i would pack different types of clothes. It was 80.here the other day and today it got up to 70 then dropped again and was really windy and kind of cool.

I agree with Ashley..lots of bibs and burp cloths. It's like newborns like to take a bath with their bottles

Definitely pacifiers. My girls seem to have taken more to the soothie/gumdrop ones.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I suggest if you are going to be using pacifiers pack a 3-4 different kinds because sometimes it can take a few to find the me the baby likes and pacifiers can be a lifesaver on road trips

In my actually diaper bag I like to have some kind of plastic bag either a ziplock (usually what I keep the spare clothes in) or a grocery bag because you never know when you are going to want to seal off a yucky mess.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast