Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Not how I wanted my night to go.

1. Señor Member
    Señor Member

Not how I wanted my night to go.

Advertisements
    So last night I'm all excited, yaaay I finally get to sleep in after having to wake up at 5 every morning for the tile guy (Yes, we FINALLY got our damn tiles in )

Madison got her 4 mo shots yesterday. She was a little warm and cranky, so I went to give her the "Tylenol" her pedi prescribed for if she ran a fever or got too fussy.

Right when I put the medicine in her mouth she let out a big cry, stopped, just stared at me wide eyed for a second super quiet, and then she started choking on it. I picked her up and started hitting her on the back to get it back up. After a couple minutes of her still coughing like a crazy person and me trying to work it up by patting her back she threw up a good 2 oz of milk (she hadn't ate in awhile, so it looked like it was everything that was left in her tummy). None of it was red from the medicine, and she was still crying, coughing, and all that so we went to the ER thinking she had inhaled the medicine

Well she's fine, by the time we were seen (3 fucking hours for a 4 month old who was having difficulty breathing, yay NHCJ ) her breathing was back to normal, she wasn't coughing or anything. She was checked out by the dr and everything was fine. Apparently"She could have inhaled the entire dose and still would have been fine because it was the baby Tylenol, mostly water, no alcohol." But, I would have rather waited for 3 hours to make sure she was fine than have waited it out on my own and not been able to sleep anyway for fear of it getting worse (or worse, it actually getting worse and us not have been at the hospital.)

So that was my ever so lovely night

This morning she's 100% back to normal. She was really tired by the time we got back so she went straight to sleep. Luckily I was exhausted as well so I wasn't staring at her all night worried or anything so I actually was able to get a good night's sleep for the first time all week

So yeah, tylenol has always been my "last resort" when she gets shots... and now it is even more so

be cool.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am fairly certain that it is hardwired into children that once they get to the doctor for emergency type things and sick visits, they have to act completely fine. That's how my girls always are.

I'm sorry tho, I'm sure that was terrifying. : and : for a peaceful night of sleep tonight.
  3. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

That sounds awful. I don't understand why they didn't see you right away? You never know with babies so small. glad she's back to normal now!
    :)
    Blog Entries
    That's crazy it took 3 hours. Glad she is back to normal though and that it wasn't worse.

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  5. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    did you give her the whole dose at once?

i use a dropper and give addilynn tylenol from a dropper and only do a drop or two at a time until it's gone so it's much easier to swallow.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

glad she's OK!!
  7. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    did you give her the whole dose at once?

i use a dropper and give addilynn tylenol from a dropper and only do a drop or two at a time until it's gone so it's much easier to swallow.
    Yea-- last time she sucked it right down so I figured this time would be the same. Bad assumption

be cool.