Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Again??? Really?

1. Senior Member

Again??? Really?

Advertisements
    Ten points to whoever can get my kid to stay asleep.

This was last night- Got to bed late because we had a deployment brief to go to- out cold at 845 with no crying at all, went right to sleep when I put him down. Woke up at 925, 1045, 130, 315, 445, 635 and got up for good at 820. Each time he'd nurse for ten or fifteen minutes, except at 1045 when he was up til 1130 and at 445 he stayed up until 6. There is not enough coffee in the world to get me through today.
  2. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Do you think he's in a growth spurt at the moment?

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  3. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Do you think he's in a growth spurt at the moment?
    This. I was going to ask how old he is!
  4. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    im not sure how you feel about supplementing but have you tried maybe a formula bottle to see if he sleeps longer? the day i switched to formula was the night she went to sleeping 9 hours at 2 months.

major props for being able to get up that many times! i'd be the worlds biggest bitch if i had to wake up even once let alone that many times.

5. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

no advice, but
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

6. Senior Member
    I don't know. He just did a couple of weeks ago. He's slept like crap since he got his shots last week, but last night takes the cake. He's four months.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    im not sure how you feel about supplementing but have you tried maybe a formula bottle to see if he sleeps longer? the day i switched to formula was the night she went to sleeping 9 hours at 2 months.

major props for being able to get up that many times! i'd be the worlds biggest bitch if i had to wake up even once let alone that many times.
    I am not very pleasant

I have been thinking about switching to formula at night but i worry that he'll want it exclusively.
  8. Senior Member
    Could it be a supply issue? Maybe he's not getting enough to really fill him up but he's tired enough to fall asleep for a little bit? I've always had a good supply... this kid was the easiest baby in the world until about 10 weeks then bam! Welcome to real life.
  9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

It's normal for BF babies to wake more at night, unfortunately. It's because the formula is easier for them to digest (which is a GOOD thing) so they don't stay full as long. Formula is harder for them to digest so their bodies have to work harder at it which means the food stays in there longer helping them feel full. At 4 months their schedules can still be so varied, too. AND, they go through sleep regression later, too. Sleep struggles suck. Kalista is 14 months next week and has been sleeping like total crap lately because she is draining mucus like a mad woman from when she had RSV and she keeps choking on it and waking herself up coughing. I am ready to fall over and I just can't understand how SO MUCH SNOT can come out of one little body.
  10. Senior Member
    Oh, snot. So fun. I had to teach my phone snot, btw

For the most part he's slept about six hours since around 5 weeks, I think. Minus growth spurts and shots anyway. I don't really want to give him formula, but I have to do something. He is so tired. He looks like i beat him or something with the purple bags he's sporting under his eyes. Then he gets in the too tired to go to sleep cycle during the day and skips naps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast