Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

How long...

Advertisements
    How long do you let your baby babble in the crib in the morning before going to get him/her? Teddy seems happy as a clam to just coast around babbling. Only thing is, I get the feeling he'd be happy doing it for hours and that's just not what we're going for here

I usually leave him be until the "designated wake up time", which right now seems to be 7:30. So say he wakes up at 7, I'll leave him in there cooing for half an hour. If he's crying, of course I'll go to him. But should I let him be longer? I know "they" say that alone time is really beneficial to baby's development, but I also don't want him to think I'm never coming to get him!
  2. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a kid but I would say as long as he's happy and entertained I'd leave him in there.. But I also would be torn cause I'm sure he has a dirty diaper and wouldn't want him to sit in that for hours.. but on the other hand I think it's good he's independent and comfortable alone.

Idk. I'll let you know in a year?

3. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

I always tell my mom's I work with (mind you I don't have kids yet ) that if they're happy and content, take advantage of it. He'll let you know when he's ready to get out.

Playing alone/entertaining himself like that is awesome and will benefit you in the future since you've got the makings of an amazing little self-soother there!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    I don't have a kid but I would say as long as he's happy and entertained I'd leave him in there.. But I also would be torn cause I'm sure he has a dirty diaper and wouldn't want him to sit in that for hours.. but on the other hand I think it's good he's independent and comfortable alone.

Idk. I'll let you know in a year?
    zomg whit, the diaper thing is what's making me want to go in there! He is a poop machine. On top of that, he doesn't cry when he's got a poopy diaper...he just wakes up and plays. blarghhh
    Quote Originally Posted by *Luz* View Post
    I always tell my mom's I work with (mind you I don't have kids yet ) that if they're happy and content, take advantage of it. He'll let you know when he's ready to get out.

Playing alone/entertaining himself like that is awesome and will benefit you in the future since you've got the makings of an amazing little self-soother there!
    He is such a loner, he loves entertaining himself!
  5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Typical man. Not bothered by poop.

6. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

well for the poop, you could be sneaky and see if you can smell it without him noticing, through the door or something
    I would always leave them until they were pissed and wanted to get out.

Now they are all free to roam so I wake up to no relaxing before I get my ass outta bed!
  7. Senior Member
    I usually leave my daughter in her crib till she starts fussing (which usually isn't very long). If she is happy, I do try to get her out of the crib by 8 or 8:30 so she isn't in danger of peeing through her diaper.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    For those who say let him stay put (I'm ok with that!), what do you do about the first nap? Teddy is usually ready for it within 2-3 hours of waking up...but he CAN go longer. Do I time it based on when I know he woke up, or when I get him out of the crib? I mean, I don't want to take him out of the crib to feed him and put him right back down
  9. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    For those who say let him stay put (I'm ok with that!), what do you do about the first nap? Teddy is usually ready for it within 2-3 hours of waking up...but he CAN go longer. Do I time it based on when I know he woke up, or when I get him out of the crib? I mean, I don't want to take him out of the crib to feed him and put him right back down
    Honestly I had days where that actually happened. Bella and Victoria loooooved sleeping. And I followed what they wanted because if I didn't, they would be super super angry.
  10. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    Go with the flow. If he's a cranky butt, put him down when he's ready, or you can try to keep him up later. You know him best.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast