Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refusing to sleep

1. Senior Member

Refusing to sleep

Advertisements
    I'm seriously at the end of my rope. The first three months of his life Bowen was such an easy baby. I don't know what's gong on. This week he's slept at most two hours at a time at night and maybe ten minutes at a time during the day. I am so worn out. He's fussy because he's over tired. I have no patience. Most of his awake time is a trial. I just want a good nights sleep and an easy day so I can enjoy my baby
  2. Banned
    Banned

I remember that stage. Do you have any family/friends who could watch him overnight while you catch up on some sleep and relax?
  3. Senior Member
    I've had plenty of people offer to watch him, but he's also decided to refuse bottles so I can't take them up on it. If this is a normal phase that will end I can push through. I just feel like it's going to last forever. This is my karma for bragging about how easy he was.
  4. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    I've had plenty of people offer to watch him, but he's also decided to refuse bottles so I can't take them up on it. If this is a normal phase that will end I can push through. I just feel like it's going to last forever. This is my karma for bragging about how easy he was.
    I'm pretty much going through the same thing. Braydon don't want nothing to do with a bottle or binky. The only way I can really get Braydon to sleep for long stretches is to take a nap with him. Depending on where you live take a walk with him B falls asleep in the stroller and then I bring the stroller in the house and it seems to help him sleep for a little bit longer.
  5. Senior Member
    Sounds like maybe he's hit a growth spurt. Aidan did that from time to time when he was super little, too. . There should be light at the end at the tunnel.
  6. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Have you changed anything your diet at all? More sugars, caffeine, other types of stimulants that may be interfering with his having a sound sleep?
    Will he fall asleep in your arms while you're nursing? Will he stay asleep if you just keep him there so he can get more than a ten minute nap ( hopefully resulting in a better night's sleep)? I know it's inconvenient, but better than him being restless, no? Maybe try and get a sling if any retailers around you sell them, and you really can't sit down with him while he naps on your breast/in your arms.
    Maybe, if you can, even try taking a nice car ride down a bumpy road? Idk if he falls asleep in the car, but even giving him that little nap while you drive around aimlessly can help his sleep schedule so he isn't so restless.

Madison sometimes refuses to have more than one thirty minute nap some days, and sometimes will only nap if I keep her on my breast until she unlatches during sleep AND I keep her in my arms even after that... but she's always still slept through the night.

be cool.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    Have you changed anything your diet at all? More sugars, caffeine, other types of stimulants that may be interfering with his having a sound sleep?
    Will he fall asleep in your arms while you're nursing? Will he stay asleep if you just keep him there so he can get more than a ten minute nap ( hopefully resulting in a better night's sleep)? I know it's inconvenient, but better than him being restless, no? Maybe try and get a sling if any retailers around you sell them, and you really can't sit down with him while he naps on your breast/in your arms.
    Maybe, if you can, even try taking a nice car ride down a bumpy road? Idk if he falls asleep in the car, but even giving him that little nap while you drive around aimlessly can help his sleep schedule so he isn't so restless.

Madison sometimes refuses to have more than one thirty minute nap some days, and sometimes will only nap if I keep her on my breast until she unlatches during sleep AND I keep her in my arms even after that... but she's always still slept through the night.
    No diet changes. He falls asleep nursing but will wake up even if I keep holding him or laying down with him. He flips shit in the car but we got his convertible carseat yesterday so if I ever have a moment when he's not attached to my boob I'll install it and see if that helps he used to sleep in the car all the time. I feel like I've tried every trick in the book.
  8. Senior Member
    Last growth spurt he just slept the whole time.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post

What if they came to your house so you could sleep, and they brought him in to eat when he was hungry, then took him back?
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post

What if they came to your house so you could sleep, and they brought him in to eat when he was hungry, then took him back?
    I could try that. The thing is, he is eating constantly, too. So I wouldn't really end up sleeping anymore than I am now. But it's worth a try. Maybe if I'm not right there he won't always want the boob.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast