Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dont know what to do anymore

1. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w

dont know what to do anymore

Advertisements
    Since we moved into our new house ds pretty much has been crying nonstop. So I haven't been able to unpack anything because he wants to either be held or be on the boob. It feels like I'm not producing enough milk anymore. They have been empty feeling since yesterday. It just feels like anything I do isn't soothing him anymore. He has hardly been sleeping lately for example today he maybe has a 30 minute nap and maybe 3 5 mintue naps. So for the past hour he has been screaming. And it sounds like he has no voice left from being so tired. I feel like a horrible mom right now and I can't do anything right, right now. I need some pointer from you ladies. Anything will help.
  2. Senior Member
    those days are so hard. Could he be teething? Is he crying while eating? Like does he get frustrated and stop nursing? If not your probably still producing. When B is going through a growth spurt and eating constantly i feel empty but he seems to still be getting what he needs. Make sure you take time to eat and drink lots of water, even if you have to let him cry for a few minutes. The best thing is to keep nursing so your body will produce more. If you haven't already i would get some teething tablets and see if that helps. I hope he gives you a break soon!
  3. Senior Member
    Also, it could just be the stress of moving. Try and keep as much of a routine as possible, arrange things like they were before, etc. It may just take a while for him to realize that this is home now.
  4. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    those days are so hard. Could he be teething? Is he crying while eating? Like does he get frustrated and stop nursing? If not your probably still producing. When B is going through a growth spurt and eating constantly i feel empty but he seems to still be getting what he needs. Make sure you take time to eat and drink lots of water, even if you have to let him cry for a few minutes. The best thing is to keep nursing so your body will produce more. If you haven't already i would get some teething tablets and see if that helps. I hope he gives you a break soon!
    I'm pretty sure he is teething. I have baby orajel. He either stops eating and starts to "talk" to me or bites down and pulls off. Do you think teething tablets would work better then the orajel?
  5. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    does he eat his fists like hes still hungry or suck on your finger like hes hungry?

6. Senior Member
    I've never tried orajel, but I've heard that the tablets work better. To me it sounds more like teething than a supply issue. Teething can also mess with their ears which can cause more fussiness than usual. We're dealing with that right now, and it's no fun. He's hungry, but his ears hurt so he doesn't want to lay down to eat, which makes him cry more... Vicious cycle.
  7. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    does he eat his fists like hes still hungry or suck on your finger like hes hungry?
    He is a finger/thumb sucker as is so I can never tell the difference

I've never tried orajel, but I've heard that the tablets work better. To me it sounds more like teething than a supply issue. Teething can also mess with their ears which can cause more fussiness than usual. We're dealing with that right now, and it's no fun. He's hungry, but his ears hurt so he doesn't want to lay down to eat, which makes him cry more... Vicious cycle.
    Ill have to have df pick some up tomorrow. Ds tugs at his ears all the time. And he is so congested. I just sucked a while bunch of snot out of his nose. So im not sure if its from him getting sick or teething. He has such a "sick" cry.
  8. Senior Member
    He could have an ear infection. It may be worth a Dr visit just to be sure, but teething can cause all of that, too. Have you taken his temp? If he's running a fever I'd say ear infection. Our Dr said over 100.5 is a sign of infection.
  9. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Also, it could just be the stress of moving. Try and keep as of a routine as possible, arrange things like they were before, etc. It may just take a while for him to realize that this is home now.
    We were living with my mom since he was born. So almost everything is different to him. It went from mommy daddy grandma grandpa and uncle everyday to just mommy and daddy. So that had to take a toll on him.
  10. Senior Member
    Bowen was doing all the classic ear infection stuff, snot, tugging at his ears, turning his head away while nursing, not wanting to lay flat, etc, but the Dr said it was just teething stuff. The tablets have helped. Plus the novelty of having something in his mouth distracts him from crying
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast