Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What would you pack?

1. Junior Member

What would you pack?

Advertisements
    We are PCSing to Germany next month .. I have NO idea what to pack in our travel luggage. We get 2 70lb bags each (I assume the baby will also get 2 70lb bags?) .. what would you guys suggest be essentials to pack? Also, because we are leaving so soon I don't think there is any point in doing separate shipments for HHG and unaccompanied baggage because it will all probably just arrive at the same time.

I *may* use his pack and play as a piece of luggage ... the issue is that he cant actually lie down - he has to sleep upright - so I don't know if there is any point. He is sleeping in his car seat and a glider/swing thing at the moment.

Also .. how does formula on the plane work? I know they have different rules regarding the liquids in the cabin when it comes to baby formula?

Thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Military will pay for his plane ticket so he gets a seat too. Bring his carseat well worth it. Do the two separate shipements. One is taken by boat and can take months (5 months for us) and the other took less then a month. You do not want to be without pots and pans that long or sheets. You can also send all baby furniture in the first shipment, do it!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Military will pay for his plane ticket so he gets a seat too. Bring his carseat well worth it. Do the two separate shipements. One is taken by boat and can take months (5 months for us) and the other took less then a month. You do not want to be without pots and pans that long or sheets. You can also send all baby furniture in the first shipment, do it!
    I keep seeing that people who do two separate shipments so close to leaving (no orders yet so cannot even schedule pickup .. and we are supposed to leave here on March 8) end up getting them both at the same time?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    omg. 5 months!
    We did both our shipments one month out from our report date. In UB we put sheets, blankets, a small set of kitchen stuff like plastic plates, cheap utensils, a pot and pan, cups. any army equipment. I would also recommend putting any foldable small furniture items you may want for the baby. We don't know if we will get the UB before the HHG, but if we do get stuck in temp. housing, we are hoping it will come first.

Most airlines allow baby formula so I would look directly into the airline you are taking if you know it.
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Either way its a gamble, I'd rather at least have a chance to have some of my stuff sooner then later Kwim?
    You can bring as much formula as you need for your trip on the plane. I brought baby food and pedilght and they didn't even look at it. Personally I recommend those ready to feed bottles if you can get them cause then you just throw them out and now cleaning dirty bottles, or get super cheap bottles to just throw away.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress