Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abbey's birth story

1. Senior Member

Abbey's birth story

Advertisements
    ( apologies in advance for horrible typing. Magnisum sulfate and ambien to sleep is a wild combination)

Hello all and thanks for the good vibes I most certainly needed them. Tuesday morning I went in for just a regular ol' appoinment with a headache and I wasn't even there 15 mintutes. Bp was 170/108 , protein in urine was +3 and I looked like the marshmellow puff man So baby had to come out sooner rather than later. Vaginal delivery was the safest and best option so they started with a maginism sulfate IV and cervical softener ( cytotec). Not the way I wanted this to go at all but hey it is what it is.
    So get in to the hosptial at about 10am, get hooked up to mag, get my first softer. At about 2om they check me and I'm at 1cm and soft . awesome but I could be there for days. Get my next cytotec at 3pm and I'm at 2cm. Keep in mind magsium sulfate slows down labor , not to mention i've been on my side , in bed staring at the wall allllll dayyyyy. She wanted out! Can't quite recall what happened until about 11:30 at night when my water broke waking me up. Nurse checked me- no wonder it broke I was 5cm! I was so excited she was coming own and that we could possibly avoid having a long drawn out battle ending in a c section ! But then the contractions got REALLY intense and since I was hooked up to so many IV'S and monitors that being able to move to deal with the pain wasn't an option , I opted for the epidural. It went beautifully and I really got some relief..i was ready to rest for a little bit when I went to on my side again.
    My head had not hit the pillow when I had to push. Sure enough , she was crowning- y'all I went from 5 to done in less than 2 hours.
    I only pushed for about a half hour when my teeny tiny little Abbey came in this world. 4 pound 6 oz 18 inches at 2:33 in the morning. They got one look at her placenta and knew why she coming one way or the other: the placenta was " bad " and looked as though it had been detacthing; so even though it was really it early it was a really good thing she got out of there when she did or it could have been alot worse.
    Still in the hosptial as I type this out. I had to do another 24 hours of magcrap so i've spent the last day curled up in bed hiding from the world. I go and visit abbey in the nursery every couple of hours and shes doing great. Shes lost 6 ounces but she hasn't really been eating yet either, she starts preemie formula tonight. She breathes 98% on her own with a respirator picking up the other 2% ( i think thats how that works, i'm sorry i'm just now coherent and I just nod and smile and am happy shes ok cause i can't do anything to the otherwise). The doctor says shes doing great and thats good enough for me .
    As for you my blood pressure won't seem to go down no matter what they do. So i'm stuck here at least for another night
  2. Senior Member
    I hope you both get to go home soon! again!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

praying for you both and quick recovery so u can get home!

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  4. There's no testimony without the test.
    There's no testimony without the test.
    I'm glad you and baby are doing good and I hope you both can go home soon.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Glad to hear you guys are doing well!!!

6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

great to hear the update! (I would come visit if I didn't have the cough of a 50 year smoker!)
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I'm so glad you both are ok! Hopefully you'll be out of there soon.

8. Senior Member
    Glad to hear everything turned out well I had pre-e with Anna and it sucked! I was 36 weeks 6 days with her and she weighed 4lbs 12oz, but I remember the mag sulfate and really hoping I don't need it this time (BP has been great this time around *knock on wood*) my BP was in the 170's/120's when they decided to induce me, but I had to have pitocin with the mag sulfate, kinda fought against each other.

Can't wait to see pics of Abbey!!!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    great to hear the update! (I would come visit if I didn't have the cough of a 50 year smoker!)
    its ok i've only been aware enough to ask for visitors since this morning so haven't been too lonely.However if they keep me too much longer someone is going to have to bring me something with flavor to eat.
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I'm sorry you had to go through that mess again but i'm glad it wasn't too horrible this time around? Hope you both get out of there soon!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast