Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carseat in the middle?

1. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)

Question Carseat in the middle?

Advertisements
    Ok so little man will be here very soon! We put the carseat in today and put it in the middle and I realized how hard it is going to be trying to get him in and out so I was just wondering is it safe to put it on the side or is it safer in the middle? I'm going to take it to someone to inspect soon also but I was just wondering!

Thank you
  2. Moderator

It's safer in the middle. We've never had a vehicle where we COULD put it in the middle, so mine have always been on the sides, but the most central location in the vehicle feels the least force in an accident, so that's what's recommended.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Mine's on the side. It can't go in the middle of my car.

If it can fit in the middle safely, then that is recommended but it doesn't have to go there.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    It's safer in the middle. We've never had a vehicle where we COULD put it in the middle, so mine have always been on the sides, but the most central location in the vehicle feels the least force in an accident, so that's what's recommended.
    Oh ok that makes sense
  5. Moderator

Like Rissa alluded to though- the safest carseat is a properly installed carseat! So middle's statistically safest, but if your vehicle doesn't accommodate correct installation there, a seat where it can be done is safer.
  6. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    Like Rissa alluded to though- the safest carseat is a properly installed carseat! So middle's statistically safest, but if your vehicle doesn't accommodate correct installation there, a seat where it can be done is safer.
    It fits in the middle of my car if we installed it correctly lol which I'm pretty sure we did but I'm going to get it checked probably next week just to be safe!
    Thank you
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Always safest in the middle but it's still safe on the side as well. I have a honda accord and we had DS in the middle and it got hard especially when he got heavier but you learn to get muscles
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We've still got Wyatt in the middle now in his monster seat It's a pain in the butt when they're getting heavier and you're still using the infant carrier but since we switched Wyatt to a convertible seat, it's way easier because I'm only maneuvering a baby into it, not the whole seat in and out.
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Its safer, but not enough to lose any sleep over if you put them on the side. Your child is RF so they are already plenty safe Also make sure to check your car manual to make sure you can use the LATCH (if you are using it vs seat belt) in the middle. Some vehicles do not allow you to borrow the LATCH from the outboard.
  10. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I read and was told by our Carseatologist here (airmanssweetie) and on car-seat.org that it is highly encouraged to have it installed in the middle for the reasons PP mentioned earlier. Also, it is a big no-no to have the carseat secured with both seatbelt and latch (learned this one pretty quick, as well), seatbelt is safer as some cars don't allow the latch option and I think it also depends on the carseat manufacturer.

If Jamie sees this thread, she will offer you detailed info and advice.

I recently switched my little girl to a convertible carseat and I love it compared to the infant carseat we had. It is huge and a bit overwhelming at first but I've never seen my baby girl so comfortable and happy in a carseat. Before, it was all screaming and crying. It's a bit hard to cross to the middle with a 25 lb baby but I picked up some tips and tricks from the local Carseat Tech on how to make it easier for both.

ETA: You waz faster, J. I am a slow typer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast