Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help

1. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w

Help Need some help

Advertisements
    Welp............ Today DS turned 4 months old and I made some bad decisions. I figured since he eats so much all ready I would try some banana. Well I mushed it all up mixed it with breast milk and he loved. (maybe all together not even an ounce) Then DF let him naw on a cracker well he ended up eating it. The last time he BF was around 4 now its 9. He screamed about an hour at 7 then finnally fell asleep. I tried giving him the boob multiple time during the screaming but refused it. I tried gripe water he ended up gagging on it and spitting it all out. about 10 minutes ago I heard over the baby monitor him wimpering in his sleep ..... So now here I sit with really really full breast not knowing what to do to help him. Oh I almost forgot on top of this my poor little guy has an ear infection. I feel like such a bad mommy.

Is there anything I could do to help him and get him to nurse?

And sorry for flooding the new mommy forum the past few days.
  2. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I'm not an expert with breastfeeding, but introducing food is always hit or miss. You didn't do anything wrong but I'd stay away from food for now, just offer BM and hopefully he'll be good tomorrow.

3. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by sqrllvr123 View Post
    I'm not an expert with breastfeeding, but introducing food is always hit or miss. You didn't do anything wrong but I'd stay away from food for now, just offer BM and hopefully he'll be good tomorrow.
    Thanks I just feel so bad. I know he is hurting DF and I were talking about and we decided just to wait a month or two.
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I would pump so you don't lose any supply. He is probably constipated and gassy but it will pass. A little more gripe water and just continual offering of the breast is the best thing you can do.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by sqrllvr123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    I would pump so you don't lose any supply. He is probably constipated and gassy but it will pass. A little more gripe water and just continual offering of the breast is the best thing you can do.

I'm sorry he is hurting.
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    If he has an ear infection that may be why he's not nursing, not necessarily the introduction of food. Just keep offering him the boob I hope he feels better soon, and trust me, you didn't do anything wrong.

7. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    Thats what I was thinking because I did a little massage and the bicyle and it calmed him down for the moment but then he went straight as a board so I couldn't.
  8. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by ٭Wickεd٭ View Post

I'm sorry he is hurting.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by *YDoIGrowPeople* View Post
    If he has an ear infection that may be why he's not nursing, not necessarily the introduction of food. Just keep offering him the boob I hope he feels better soon, and trust me, you didn't do anything wrong.
    I took him to the doc on Friday and thats when I found out he had an ear infection and he has been nursing still but not his every hour nursing but more 2-3 hour spacing between. Do you think he is just hurting really bad tonight? Thank you
  9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

If he was in a lot of pain, he would be screaming his head off. You didn't feed him much, so if it's because of the solids he is probably just uncomfortable.
  10. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I can't give you any opinions on the breastfeeding part, so I'll let the bf-ing mamas on here chime in on that, but for the ear infection part, elevate the top of his mattress (a rolled bath towel would suffice) to prevent drainage in his ears. Also, during bath time, make sure no water gets into his ears - maybe a warm sponge bath is best until the ear infection completely healed. For gas, Mama Bliss is the best gripe water I have ever used for my little one. Works like a charm every time.

I hope your little one feels better soon. You are doing great, mama!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast