Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD mama's is this a good deal?

1. Senior Member

CD mama's is this a good deal?

Advertisements
    I found an add on craigslist for 31 bumgenius AIO diapers & 3 AIO off brand dipes with a diaper sprayer for 150 cash
    They are the one size that fit 7-34 lbs
    It seems like a pretty good deal to me. The BG dipes are velcro though, I know snaps are better, she said the velcro is in excellent condition though. There are no stains on the dipes either.
    I am wondering if you ladies think this is a good deal? & also what your experience with BG diapers has been.
    I feel like some people like them and some people don't. thats with anything though right?
  2. Senior Member
    Sounds like a pretty good deal. I would just make sure to check them out very well in person before purchasing if you do.

BG AIOs are usually more than $20 new. I haven't used them personally but plan to buy some really soon because I have heard great things about them. And we don't have a diaper sprayer, never have needed one, but they are usually $40-50.
  3. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    How old are the diapers?? Is the elastic good on them?? I really had no preference on snaps or velcro. They both have their pros and cons. I personally didnt like AIOs or Bumgenious. AIOs can take a long time to dry and since it is all sown together there is no way to pull the insert out and clean it properly.
  4. Senior Member
    As far as I know the elastics are in great condition (she bought the diapers and decided CD'ing wasn't for her from what I'm understanding)
    With AIO are you able to lay inserts or extra soakers on top if they aren't absorbent enough? Or would that cause issues with leaks?
    May I ask why you didn't like Bumgenius?
  5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

If they are in good shape, elastic and aplix, then yes that is a good deal, those are expensive diapers.

You can lay stuff on top but it CANNOT be microfiber as that cannot go against the skin.

I liked my BG pockets okay but they weren't great for her shape. I highly recommend getting many different types and brands to try to see what fits your LO best and it will likely change as they age. I personally don't like AIO as they take forever to dry and IMO aren't as versatile. Pockets are what I prefer.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    If they are in good shape, elastic and aplix, then yes that is a good deal, those are expensive diapers.

You can lay stuff on top but it CANNOT be microfiber as that cannot go against the skin.

I liked my BG pockets okay but they weren't great for her shape. I highly recommend getting many different types and brands to try to see what fits your LO best and it will likely change as they age. I personally don't like AIO as they take forever to dry and IMO aren't as versatile. Pockets are what I prefer.
    I was originally going to get mostly sunbaby's and alva's but I don't think they would get here by the time LO arrived coming all the way from China
    I figure these are worth a try & I could possibly sell a few off to get some other diapers if I don't like them.
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by Picklejuice View Post
    I was originally going to get mostly sunbaby's and alva's but I don't think they would get here by the time LO arrived coming all the way from China
    I figure these are worth a try & I could possibly sell a few off to get some other diapers if I don't like them.
    Go to FB there is both an alva and a SB bst group where you can get good deals on seconds to try.
  8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Also yes you can always re sell there is a huge market. I don't think we have one diaper now that we had 13 months ago when we started
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I LOVE BumGenius Elementals (their nicest AIOs-- is the woman selling Elementals or Freestyles?). They are so, so easy to wash and dry for us. And my daughter is a heavy wetter (needs 2-3 inserts with pocket diapers), but never leaks through the Elementals. They're always enough for her. I would be super wary of that deal because of the low pricing, though. Under $5 per dipe? That's WAY low. I'd be worried that she didn't treat them very well.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Picklejuice View Post
    As far as I know the elastics are in great condition (she bought the diapers and decided CD'ing wasn't for her from what I'm understanding)
    With AIO are you able to lay inserts or extra soakers on top if they aren't absorbent enough? Or would that cause issues with leaks?
    May I ask why you didn't like Bumgenius?
    Yes you can lay natural fibers on top. Microfiber is really the only thing you cant lay directly against the skin. The only reason that would cause issues with leaking is if you have build up in the inserts. But if there is build in the AIO you will get repeling also. I had used prefolds with my older 2 and then when I had my son I decided to try AIOs and pockets. I didnt like the way the BG fit. The 2 BG I got when he was born were the first diapers to give out and the PUL to go bad in them. I switched to fitteds with Kaia and those turned out to be my favorites.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast