Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My 6 week old!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Neutral My 6 week old!

Advertisements
    I am new to the website, was just refered today.

Anywho, My baby boy is vomiting after every feed and the doctor really didn't do anything after his appointment today. Anyone have any advice? It frustrates me seeing my bab like this!
  2. Moderator

Is he for sure vomiting, or is he spitting up? Here's an article with some steps for checking: How Can I Tell If Baby Spits Up Or Vomits? | LIVESTRONG.COM

I know how frustrating that can be- my little boy used to vomit profusely once or twice a day, and it turned out he was eating too fast. He was a little piggy. I imagine if the doc wasn't concerned based on weight that's a good thing, but you'd think they would at least offer you some advice or comfort! I'm sorry.
  3. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Is he breastfed or formula fed?
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Formula fed. He has been on it for 4 and a half weeks and was fine! All of a sudden just started getting fussy and vomiting. For sure vomiting! Projectile. The only thing the did was send us for an u/s to see if he had something wrong with his pylorus* and no other advice on what to do in the meanwhile.
  5. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w
    I breast feed so I really don't know to much about this but do you burp him every ounce or two? Have you tried switching bottles or nipples? Maybe he is getting to much air or the flow is to fast? (I left my son with his grandmother and he screamed the whole hour and half because the flow of the bottle the flow was to fast. My mother picked him up from the other grandma took him home switched bottles and he was fine.) Or even the formula is upseting his stomach. Or maybe he has acid reflex? IDK just throwing around some ideas.
  6. Regular Member
    If he's projectile vomiting, he could either have developed an allergy to the formula, or he could be lactose intolerant. Although, these two things usually happen almost immediately instead of a month after being on a formula. Have you tried burping him more often? Sometimes babies just take more air in due to the nipple flow. (Even if you have the slow-flow nipples, some babies suck waaay hard. LOL) I would try this and give it a day or two, and then call his doctor again and see about changing his formula to a more gentle one, just to see if that may be the problem. I know how some doctors can be with the whole "holier than thou" attitude. Sometimes you have to pester them until they take you seriously.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I've tried about 5 different bottles/nipples, he doesn't seem bothered by any of them except for the flow of the tommy-tippie. Seems to fast for him, he gags. Anyhow, I got a call from the Dr this morning, she is going to go ahead and treat him as if he has reflux. 1tbs of rice cereal in his formula. Hopefully this works.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    You shouldn't put cereal in bottles. It can confuse their bellies, and then they overeat...and then projectile vomit everywhere.