Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Achoo!

1. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

Achoo!

Advertisements
    Belle seems to have her first real little baby cold! She's been coughing and sneezing this morning off and on.

Should I keep her home, or do you think she's still okay to go to the gym nursery? I don't know what to do! She's happy, so that's good, but she's definitely making all kinds of "cold" noises! My poor little baby love.
  2. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Please help! Would you keep her home?? First time mom here, I'm clueless!
  3. Senior Member
    I'm not a mom, but i wouldn't take her. Would you want someone to bring their kid to socialize with yours knowing they were sick. Can you hook her up in the stroller and go for a run? Or do an set home workout video while she's napping.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    For me, if its just a booger nose and a cough I would send her simply because if I kept my kiddos home every time they had a cold we would be home 80% of the time so if there is no fever and she isn't acting cranky I'd give it a go.
  5. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    I'm not a mom, but i wouldn't take her. Would you want someone to bring their kid to socialize with yours knowing they were sick. Can you hook her up in the stroller and go for a run? Or do an set home workout video while she's napping.
    Well, I *know* there are kids in there with colds, and no it doesn't bother me. I worked in child care for years, kids are in centers with colds all the time. You just do what you can to sanitize everyone and everything. That's the risk I took putting her in there from the start, I know kids are germy, etc.. I just want to know if it could make her cold worse or something.

I could do stuff at home but it's not considered good enough for the weight loss program I'm a part of. (No running, it's 10 outside lol)

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    For me, if its just a booger nose and a cough I would send her simply because if I kept my kiddos home every time they had a cold we would be home 80% of the time so if there is no fever and she isn't acting cranky I'd give it a go.
    Good point. This is just a gym daycare and luckily my mom could probably watch her so I could go later if I opted against it. I don't know. I really just don't want to make it worse.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissOptimistic View Post
    Well, I *know* there are kids in there with colds, and no it doesn't bother me. I worked in child care for years, kids are in centers with colds all the time. You just do what you can to sanitize everyone and everything. That's the risk I took putting her in there from the start, I know kids are germy, etc.. I just want to know if it could make her cold worse or something.

I could do stuff at home but it's not considered good enough for the weight loss program I'm a part of. (No running, it's 10 outside lol)

Good point. This is just a gym daycare and luckily my mom could probably watch her so I could go later if I opted against it. I don't know. I really just don't want to make it worse.
    I think if she is happy and wanting to play give it a whirl. Maybe if she's seeming a little lethargic like she may want some extra napping today keep her home. That's the thing that makes me decide if we should cancel something, like today ds has a cold and is teething and he took a 3 hour morning nap instead of his usual 20 minute one
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Nevermind, my sister's coming to watch her lol, that works.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissOptimistic View Post
    Nevermind, my sister's coming to watch her lol, that works.
    Yay for baby free time