Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How do you know if it's teething or not?

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

How do you know if it's teething or not?

Advertisements
    DS has been super fussy that past few nights. Waking up at unusual hours, fighting with his bottle at night...

He was just chewing on my finger for a good 15 minutes until he had enough of it & then being a complete butthead with his bottle yet he's extremely fussy, talkative with a couple screams mixed in.

DH said that we should just give him some Tylenol because he does have most if not all of the symptoms of teething but I'm scared to give him Tylenol if he's really not in need of it. I know it wont harm him but I don't know... I just feel bad. Like I'm drugging my child for no reason if he's just in a crap week.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. Moderator

Is there any visual evidence of teething? White spots on his gums or anything? Is he drooling a lot? Any fever?

I would give ibuprofen before tylenol, personally, if I thought he might be in pain- have you tried giving him any teething ring kind of things? My kids like the ones you put in the freezer... I would say if chewing is soothing he may be teething, or getting ready to.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    Is there any visual evidence of teething? White spots on his gums or anything? Is he drooling a lot? Any fever?

I would give ibuprofen before tylenol, personally, if I thought he might be in pain- have you tried giving him any teething ring kind of things? My kids like the ones you put in the freezer... I would say if chewing is soothing he may be teething, or getting ready to.
    He wont sit still enough for me to look... when I get close to even seeing his gums, he grabs my hand & shoves it in his mouth.
    He's always been a big drooler... he basically lives in his bibs but yea, I guess it's a bit more. It pretty much just flowed out by the buckets a few minutes ago.
    No fever.

All I have is baby tylenol... it's what I gave him when he had his shots & it was a miracle worker.

I gave him his teething ring but he preferred to chew on my finger. I think because he hasn't mastered the holding bit yet... He can grab & hold objects but he doesn't get the whole putting it in his mouth thing

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Moderator

Babies are so impossible. I'm sorry he's having such a hard time, that's stressful for you too.

Sounds like it could be teething, also could just be a "chewing phase..." they are so tricky to figure out. It's not too early for teeth though, Damien popped his first two around two months. I was so heartbroken.
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I was able to pull back his cheeks & look in for a second. DH had to keep his arms down so he wouldn't shove my hands in there They do look a little white but it's hard to tell because he is so damn active right now. He can't sit still.

6. Senior Member
    Bowen seems like he may be teething, too. His Dr said he'll get his bottom teeth soon. I hope he calms down soon for you! Next time you're out grab some teething tablets. For some reason I don't feel as bad about giving those as I do giving Tylenol. Hypothetically, of course. I haven't given them to him yet.
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Well we gave him some tylenol, waited a bit & then gave him 1 oz, stuck him in his swing & he is out like a light.