Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teething tablets

1. Banned
    Banned

Teething tablets

Advertisements
    Dana suggested I try teething tabs for Cameron. I've heard of them, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. So I'm turning to you guys.

Do you use them? Do they work well? How exactly do they work? Does he nom on them, or do I put it in a bottle? Is there a specific brand I should get, or are all teething tabs the same? Is there anything you don't like about them?
  2. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    This is the kind I used for DD Teething tablets

I loved them. I only used them when she was super cranky and tylenol wasn't working. My favorite thing was they have something in them to help her relax so she was able to fall asleep at night, or just chill during the day. I believe the dosage is two tablets and they dissolve instantaneously. I guess they taste good because DD was always mad we'd never give her more than two
  3. Banned
    Banned
    That picture is actually really helpful. I googled teething tablets, and all the pictures I see are boxes of tablets with a teether on it. Cameron HATES teethers, so I was thinking that buying them would be pointless.

Do you give them to her in addition to Tylenol, or only if Tylenol isn't working?
  4. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    Um... I wanna say it was safe to give along with tyelnol. And I believe I did give it along with tylenol... But I'm running on 3 hours of sleep so I could be wrong

ETA: Read the ingredients and it doesn't say anything about acetaminophen in the ingredients, so I do believe I used both when she got super cranky! They were a life line when she got her molars
  5. Senior Member
    We had really good luck with the Hyland's & Humphrey's brands. One is sold at CVS, the other at Walgreens (I always forget which is where ). If you find the Humphrey's brand, I suggest their Teething Strips. They dissolve just like the Listerine breath strips.

I've never had to give Tylenol on top of the tabs or strips, even when DD was cutting four teeth at once.
  6. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    I gave the same ones that Angelyn posted to Vera. They're tiny and they dissolve at the drop of anything really xD
    I held em too long in my palm, poof. dissolved.
    Stuck to veras lip as I was trying to give it to her? poof. dissolved.
    So yeah xD

The first time I gave em to vera she was screaming her head off and omg so mad and no sleep.
    Few minutes later i'm guessing it stopped the pain, cause she was PASSED OUTTT.
    And woke up happy : ) <3

I think the instructions say to put em under the tongue, but with the kind I got, that didn't need to happen
  7. Senior Member
    We use them all the time. We started when we found out that baby orajel can be lethal to infants, so we immediately stopped using that, and started with the tablets. They work great, and really help him relax.
  8. Senior Member
    Teething didn't really bother my little guy at all, so I think I used the tablets one time. I used Hylands and would just kind of rub the pill over his gums until it dissolved.
  9. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I use Hyland's Teething Tablets. They're small little pill like things that will melt instantly in your babies mouth. My son actually opens his mouth eagerly when I give him one. I also use Hyland's teething gel which you can use more often than the tablets.
  10. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    I refuse to use them because of the belladonna in them, They were recalled once already because there was an un even amount in each pill and Belladonna can be deadly.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast