Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breast Pumps?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Breast Pumps?

Advertisements
    I am planning on breastfeeding with my next baby. I didnt breastfeed DS so i dont really know much about which pumps are good and which ones arent. Ive been looking around and I went to babies are us so i can actually see them and look at them. I really like this one Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Double Electric Breast Pump System - Tommee Tippee - Babies "R" Us and I love their bottles, which we will have a few of so that DH can feed too if he wants or if i am gone and hes got the baby.

So what pump did ya'll use? Has anyone used the Tommee Tippee breast bump and/or bottles? Thanks
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I've only used their bottles and loved them. They're definitely more on the expensive side, but they were the only ones DS would take (when he would actually take one). As for the pump, I tried a first years double electric pump and it was okay. I then switched the Medela and I highly recommend it.

3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Their bottles are great but my reccomendation for pumps is Medela hands down they make the best most durable pumps and are completely worth the cost for a double electric.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks! Im just iffy on spending that much money on a breast pump...DH sees them all the time on one of my wives groups on facebook, and is like why dont you just buy a used one...... i cant even imagine using a breast pump that has been used... I might have to suck it up and get the medela lol
  5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by AMarineLovesMe View Post
    Thanks! Im just iffy on spending that much money on a breast pump...DH sees them all the time on one of my wives groups on facebook, and is like why dont you just buy a used one...... i cant even imagine using a breast pump that has been used... I might have to suck it up and get the medela lol
    Unless they are hospital pumps they aren't meant for resale. THAT being said. I did purchase mine from a friend that only used it a view times. I did however buy all new phlanges and tubing. The reason they say they are not to resale is because milk COULD go back up into the motor and potentially contaminate it.

I would recommend getting it new so you know the motor is good and I can promise it will last you through any more children you have. They are amazing.
  6. Senior Member
    Medela. If you're on WIC by any chance and you are current and going back to work or to school we give you a pump and style for free( it just has a VERY distinguishable bag instead d a fantasy one.) you just can sell it pawn it or anything like that.

I've called them for my clients when something was up with their pumps, and they switched them out for them free of charge they have amazing customer service!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by fallinstar View Post
    Medela. If you're on WIC by any chance and you are current and going back to work or to school we give you a pump and style for free( it just has a VERY distinguishable bag instead d a fantasy one.) you just can sell it pawn it or anything like that.

I've called them for my clients when something was up with their pumps, and they switched them out for them free of charge they have amazing customer service!
    Really? we will probably try to get wic, if i get a BFP this month.. thats awesome to know! Thanks
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I started out with a First Years MiPump (single electric). It worked well enough but not great. However, I didn't need anything fancy becuase I only ever pumped before a date night (or after) and before we flew to make sure I could feed him on take off and landing without taking him out of his seat. It up and died when Wyatt was around 7mos old so I replaced with a Medela Single electric (can't remember what the model's called). That got almost triple the amount of milk and was faster. Plus it had the different speeds. If you're going to be pumping a lot, get a double electric (like pumping every day, multiple times to build a huge stash). If just every so often so DH can feed or for date nights, just a single will be fine. I wouldn't get anything other than a Medela, though, just because they replace broken parts, new parts are easy to find, and the hardy pumps.

Tommy Tippee bottles are worth every penny, IMO. We tried tons of bottles for Wyatt so I could take my cake courses and they were the only ones he would take. We (hopefully) will be using those again for the next baby.
  9. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    I used the Medela Pump in style with my son and I am buying the same one with our new baby. I tried first years and evenflo with the girls and was not impressed.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I use the Medela In Style and freaking love it. Before I got it, I had a horrible manual pump, and I hated every second of using it. DH had to help me because it was such a shitty design. Also, if you buy a used pump and it eventually breaks down/needs repairing, Medela will tell you tough luck. You HAVE to have the original receipt. If you don't, you are SOL and then have to turn around and buy a new one. So I suggest just buying it new to begin with.

We also use the TT bottles. He doesn't get bottles very often, but in the beginning I noticed that if we used a bottle with a standard nipple, his latch would become really narrow and it would hurt like hell. The TT helped him maintain the proper latch going back and forth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast