Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about

1. Senior Member

Let's talk about

Advertisements
    Poop. And the lack thereof. Three times since we went on vacation Bowen went two daysish without pooping. Of course once he finally did it was an absolute poopsplosion. DH was home by himself for one of them, and he texted me with pictures. The baby had poop in his hair! Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening again? Should I just chalk it up to travel stress? We just got home yesterday so I don't know yet if being home will help.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Is he breast fed?
  3. Senior Member
    Yes. Everything that I've read says its normal for them to go a few days, but I feel like I'm waiting for a bomb to go off! And his tummy seems to be bothering him every once in a while. He fusses before he farts, stuff like that. My diet changed a little while we were away but nothing drastic.
  4. Senior Member
    The only thing I changed with him was giving him gripe water instead of gas drops.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Unfortunately not much you can do.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wyatt once went (happily) 19 days without poop. It started while we were on vacation and continued through until he went after abotu a week of being home. I had just said on the 19th day that if he didn't go by tomorrow, I'd call the ped. He went. DH was yelling for help from upstairs He was totally comfortable the whole time, too, not constipated or eating less or anything. That happened when he was about 3 months old.
  7. Senior Member
    I figured it was pretty normal. Just wanted to ease my mind... i trust you guys way more than google

19 days! I can't imagine. That must have been a mess!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    I figured it was pretty normal. Just wanted to ease my mind... i trust you guys way more than google

19 days! I can't imagine. That must have been a mess!
    Honestly, it was no worse than any other blowout With each fart, we were like, okay, it's coming then he'd still have nothing in there. Definitely super strange but totally normal. How old is he again? Usually it's between 3-5 months because their tummies get really, really efficient at getting every little thing out of the breastmilk so that there's no waste left over. Only time to get worried is if he starts showing signs of constipation and pain. Wyatt never has had trouble with pooping so I never had to worry
  9. Senior Member
    He's 8 weeks. His dirty diapers have been steadily declining from every diaper to a few a day, then this. Aside from fussing a little when he farts he doesn't seem too uncomfortable. He is still eating a ton, and sleeping really well. No other changes, really.

This may sound dumb, but will my fiber intake or anything affect his regularity?
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    He's 8 weeks. His dirty diapers have been steadily declining from every diaper to a few a day, then this. Aside from fussing a little when he farts he doesn't seem too uncomfortable. He is still eating a ton, and sleeping really well. No other changes, really.

This may sound dumb, but will my fiber intake or anything affect his regularity?
    That sounds about right, I just asked DH and he said that Wyatt was 10 weeks when the poop stopped and just shy of 13 when he finally pooped. Wyatt fussed a little when he had gas, too, but nothing that massaging the belly didn't help.

No, your fiber intake won't do anything for him. There's nothing you can do to make him more/less regular (except not feeding him ). It's just his digestive tract getting really good at utilizing everything good in your milk.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast