Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Couple Questions

1. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w

Question Couple Questions

Advertisements
    1. I think DS is lip tied. I am asking his doc when he goes in for his 4 month check up. Have any of you ladies ever experenced lip tie? And if so what did the doctor do for it?

2. The doctors well pretty much everyone says always put baby on back to sleep, a couple of times my mother has put him to sleep on his stomach and those are the only two times he has slept for long periods of time through the day at home other then driving in the car. Any other time he has be sleeping on my or right next to me. Do any of you let your little one sleep on their tummy? I guess I am just a worry wart about doing the right thing.

3. And is there anything I can take for this stupid cough I have that wont go away that wont mess with my breast milk supply?

4. It seems like DS eats every hour on the hour for like 15 minutes at a time. I think he has became a "snacker" is there any way of getting him to to further in between feedings. Because it just seems like all I do anymore is feed him. I would really like to be able to get things done in my house. But it seems like everytime I try to do anything DS wants to eat. Sorry little vent right there.

I probably have more question in my brain but I cant think of anymore right now.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    DS is a tummy sleeper. He's been sleeping on his belly since he was able to fully lift and turn his head (about a month old). He doesn't sleep when he's on his back. He will startle himself awake/scream until we roll him. We sometimes have to pin his arms down as well so he won't pull out his binky. We wrap him up, but he is able to get out of it by rolling over (which he is very good at doing ). DH and I are both belly sleepers, so we knew he would be as well. That's the main reason we wanted to get an Angelcare monitor.

He also may be going through a growth spurt, which could be why he wants to nurse all the time. He's about that age. It'll get better!
  3. Moderator

What makes you believe he has a lip tie? How is his latch when he nurses? Most people have heard of being tongue tied, but my best friend's son had a bad lip tie years ago. The doctor did clip it and it healed fabulously. Immediately, his latch improved tremendously. Plus, there are benefits past infancy.

As for sleeping on his stomach, that's really your call. My kids were belly sleepers. They simply could not sleep well otherwise. We were super vigilant in keeping them as safe as possible while they slept on the stomach. We also co-slept so I was right there with them while they slept.

For your cold or cough, kellymom has some suggestions. http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastf...s/cold-remedy/

With how much your little one is nursing, it could be the fact that he is in a growth spurt. Or, if he is lip tied, his latch might affect how much he is eating, resulting in him wanting to eat more.
  4. Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Loving life as a new sahm/w
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    What makes you believe he has a lip tie? How is his latch when he nurses? Most people have heard of being tongue tied, but my best friend's son had a bad lip tie years ago. The doctor did clip it and it healed fabulously. Immediately, his latch improved tremendously. Plus, there are benefits past infancy.

As for sleeping on his stomach, that's really your call. My kids were belly sleepers. They simply could not sleep well otherwise. We were super vigilant in keeping them as safe as possible while they slept on the stomach. We also co-slept so I was right there with them while they slept.

For your cold or cough, kellymom has some suggestions. http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastf...s/cold-remedy/

With how much your little one is nursing, it could be the fact that he is in a growth spurt. Or, if he is lip tied, his latch might affect how much he is eating, resulting in him wanting to eat more.
    I was looking at old threads about a week ago and came across one about one about lip tie. I had looked it up just to see what it was and DS has damn near every symptom other them low weight gain. And his frenulum is really thick and goes all the way to the bottom of his gum. (ill have to take a picture and show you.) With his latch he is suppose to be "duck lipped" But only his bottom lip flares out like it is suppose to, his upper lip always stays in.

We are also co-sleepers and I will have to try him sleeping on his stomach and see how he sleeps. Because of right now his is still up every few hours. Still not a great sleeper.

With nursing I don't think its a growth spurt, he has been eating like this for the past few months. I'm thinking its hard for him to suck so he gets tired and unlatches and then is hungry again.
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    If your bed sharing then don't have him tummy sleep. He's still young for that while bed sharing. In a crib or p n p would be the safest bet for tummy sleeping. Ds started at 3 months.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress