Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mommy vent!

1. Senior Member

Mommy vent!

Advertisements
    I am drained. Actually, I don't think drained properly describes my feeling. Matt is sick, and has been a crabby patty all day long. He had a temp of 102, and the dr said keep an eye on him, give him ibproufen, and if his fever subsides, she can see him later in the week. (she didn't have availability today so I was playing it by year, and she'd make time to see him if it worsened)

The most he has napped today is 30 minutes. If he's not being held, he's screaming. I am just so, so tired. I had to take him for a drive around to get him to fall asleep, which he did, but woke up immediately when we got home. (thanks to my dog)

It needs to be wine-time.. like meow.
  2. Senior Member
  3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Do you have a carrier so you could wear him but still have hands to do thing? They come in very handy for moments like this. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.
  4. There's no testimony without the test.
    There's no testimony without the test.
    I hope he feels better soon and both of you can get some sleep.
  5. Senior Member
    I do have a few carriers but they're packed away. He cheered right up after bath time and I gave him some tylenol. He is currently giggling in his room. Yay!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Oh sweetheart Teddy had one day like that when his first bottom tooth started coming through.

We are currently there but worse with the top teeth. I feel your pain. Has he shown signs of teething at all? Does having things in his mouth help?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    Oh sweetheart Teddy had one day like that when his first bottom tooth started coming through.

We are currently there but worse with the top teeth. I feel your pain. Has he shown signs of teething at all? Does having things in his mouth help?
    I think he's been teething for months! He always has something in his mouth. He likes teething rings, but I just put them in the fridge so they get warm fast, and he gets annoyed. I'm praying this passes soon! It's going to be a LONG drive home next week if not.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    I think he's been teething for months! He always has something in his mouth. He likes teething rings, but I just put them in the fridge so they get warm fast, and he gets annoyed. I'm praying this passes soon! It's going to be a LONG drive home next week if not.
    That sounds EXACTLY like what we went through with the bottom teeth! And I felt the same way about it going on for months

I found that it was a number of days before the tooth popped once he reached that crazy fussy period, so it's not TOO bad. Just wait for the top ones...this is the Hell they taught us about in Sunday School.

If he likes the cold things, freeze half of a washcloth (wet half, put in ziplock bag and toss in the freezer for an hour)...the dry half is for him to hold onto so his hands don't get cold and the frozen half is great for gnawing! It won't get warm as fast as the fridge toys
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    That sounds EXACTLY like what we went through with the bottom teeth! And I felt the same way about it going on for months

I found that it was a number of days before the tooth popped once he reached that crazy fussy period, so it's not TOO bad. Just wait for the top ones...this is the Hell they taught us about in Sunday School.

If he likes the cold things, freeze half of a washcloth (wet half, put in ziplock bag and toss in the freezer for an hour)...the dry half is for him to hold onto so his hands don't get cold and the frozen half is great for gnawing! It won't get warm as fast as the fridge toys
    Poor teddy! I hope those top teeth come through soon. I can't imagine how bad it must be (for you both!)

I have tried a frozen wash cloth, he likes them, but my dog steals them. I'm praying Mattys teeth come through. I don't think I could endure another day like this without losing my sanity
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I hope he goes to bed (and sleeps) soon!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast