Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Allergy

1. Senior Member

Confused Diaper Allergy

Advertisements
    I think my son has started to become allergic to his diapers. Ever since we tried him on huggies almost a month ago his skin around the edge of the diapers has been really red, even after switching him back to the pampers. I have tried one of the natural diapers, the honest brand and he blew out of the sides every single time so those are out.

Does anyone have any natural diapers they recommend? I really didnt want to do cloth diapers since i know nothing about them and it just seems kind of gross I hope it doesnt end up that i have to do that, but i really dont want him to be red and itchy for a few years or blow out of every diaper he wears.
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Try pampers sensitive or huggies naturals?
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I use Seventh Generation free and clear. They are a bit pricey though.
  4. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I recommend Pampers Sensitive diapers and wipes. Also, have the Medline Remedy Skin Repair Cream handy. (Medline*Remedy Skin Repair Cream | Walgreens) Walgreens has a variety of this cream.

This is the reason I stayed away from putting my little girl in any type of Huggies. We tried them once and even the RN at the Ped's Office said not to use them anymore because she noticed the beginning of an ugly diaper rash. I threw those suckers away the same day.
  5. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    I switched to LUVS when that happened..never another reaction.

6. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by FertileMertile. View Post
    LUVS is a good brand. We use them during the day (Pampers at night) and never had a problem, either, even though my little girl has very sensitive skin. And, it;s way cheaper.
  7. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Also, LUVS kept in explosions better than pampers or huggies. I hate pamper and huggies.

8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

And if you do have to go cloth it really isn't that gross. It's super easy to handle and easy to clean.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You can PM me any time! Wyatt got highly allergic to disposables around 7/8mos old. We tried every brand I could get my hands on including some really expensive Honest something or others and his butt literally was bleeding and skin was bubbling off, it was terrible. I made a quick change to cloth which I'm not a crazy fan of but will be the first to tell you it's not nearly as bad as you (and I) think/thought it was. If you do decide, I'd be more than happy to send you enough diapers to get you through a day so you can try them out. Eliminate your wipes and start using either wet wash cloths or just wet soft paper towels (Viva is the softest, I've found). See if that helps any, if not, cycle through different brands but your son may have the same as mine who built up a severe intolerance to the absorbant stuff in them. We're finally (10mos, ish, later) able to wear disposables once or twice a day but if I'm not careful with changing more or less as soon as he wets, his bottom starts getting red.
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Try pampers sensitive or huggies naturals?
    I might give the pampers a try and see if that clears up the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by =Mrs.AiNokeA= View Post
    I use Seventh Generation free and clear. They are a bit pricey though.
    How are they with leaking? We have such a problem with blowouts He has terrible back blowouts with the pampers, and bad side blowouts with the huggies, and the honest brand were just horrible for blowouts for us.

Quote Originally Posted by shape shifter View Post
    I recommend Pampers Sensitive diapers and wipes. Also, have the Medline Remedy Skin Repair Cream handy. (Medline*Remedy Skin Repair Cream | Walgreens) Walgreens has a variety of this cream.

This is the reason I stayed away from putting my little girl in any type of Huggies. We tried them once and even the RN at the Ped's Office said not to use them anymore because she noticed the beginning of an ugly diaper rash. I threw those suckers away the same day.
    I'll have to get a tube of that cream for sure. The skin on his stomach is so dry and red and he keeps scratching at it. I feel so terrible for him. My ped just kept telling me it was dry skin I thought it was the huggies that caused this since it happened right after i tried them out on him, but i thought switching back to the normal pampers would fix it. It definitely hasnt.

Quote Originally Posted by FertileMertile. View Post
    Never tried Luvs i think i have a box upstairs actually that someone gave us. Ill give them a try tonight

Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    And if you do have to go cloth it really isn't that gross. It's super easy to handle and easy to clean.
    Honestly right now with all the blowouts he has been having I'm doing way more cleaning of poo out of things than id probably be doing cleaning the cloth diapers I never did any research on them, i would be totally at a loss and I think my dh would panic.

Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    You can PM me any time! Wyatt got highly allergic to disposables around 7/8mos old. We tried every brand I could get my hands on including some really expensive Honest something or others and his butt literally was bleeding and skin was bubbling off, it was terrible. I made a quick change to cloth which I'm not a crazy fan of but will be the first to tell you it's not nearly as bad as you (and I) think/thought it was. If you do decide, I'd be more than happy to send you enough diapers to get you through a day so you can try them out. Eliminate your wipes and start using either wet wash cloths or just wet soft paper towels (Viva is the softest, I've found). See if that helps any, if not, cycle through different brands but your son may have the same as mine who built up a severe intolerance to the absorbant stuff in them. We're finally (10mos, ish, later) able to wear disposables once or twice a day but if I'm not careful with changing more or less as soon as he wets, his bottom starts getting red.
    Oh wow, what a terrible reaction! Poor guy! Did it come on suddenly like that or did it progress into a reaction like that? I'm not sure Alexander is allergic to the whole diaper or just the adhesive or something since it is only on his stomach/legs/back where the diaper line is. Under the diaper he is ok, no rash or anything that ive noticed but his skin is so incredibly irritated at the diaper line. It is also beyond dry, i moisturize it over five times a day and it is still like sandpaper. I guess he got my incredibly sensitive skin I tried the honest and i didnt give them long enough to tell if he was intolerant to them as well, he was in three diapers of theirs and he pooped out of all of them.

Glad to hear the cloth isnt as bad as I'm thinking! I just never planned to go that route so the idea seems a little daunting to me, thank you for the offer if I cant find him a diaper that agrees with his skin i might have to take you up on it !

How quickly did the rash go away once you started something that his skin agreed with? I'm wondering when ill notice an improvement if I've picked a diaper that is ok for him.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast