Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Refusing her bottle!

1. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries

Refusing her bottle!

Advertisements
    Hiiiiiey.

Belle has been refusing her bottle pretty often lately. She's on the same amount of solid food as always, oatmeal in the morning and 2 oz of a fruit or veggie in the afternoon, so I don't know what the deal is. She's been waking up once to eat the part of the bottle she didn't finish before bed, and then a bunch of other times for no reason in the night. (I think part of that is spoil, because I'll pick her up and she'll conk right out.)

I'm just worried because I don't think she's consuming the amount of formula the pediatrician she's supposed to be taking. It's only been a few days so I guess it's okay for now, but no matter what I do she's being weird with it. I also wonder if maybe I'm not giving her enough solids? I don't know, wah. She is usually happy and content, so I just assume I'm feeding her right, but I'm sure not taking the bottle is part of what's been disrupting her sleep lately.

Any tips? It seems like it might just be another phase but I'm not sure what to do with it!
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    If anything take the soilds away and just feed milk. Formula is where she's getting the stuff she need from soilds aren't meant to replace any formula till closer to a year.
    She just might be going through a phase.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    At six months, Caden preferred his solids. He was eating about three times a day, and only taking 4 oz bottles about 6 or 7 times a day.
    I wouldn't worry unless she starts losing weight. Did she just go through a growth spurt? Sometimes Caden will stop drinking as much after his spurts.
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    If anything take the soilds away and just feed milk. Formula is where she's getting the stuff she need from soilds aren't meant to replace any formula till closer to a year.
    This. Formula should be their main source of nutrition by far at 6 months. They just can't get the nutrients they need from solids with how little they eat at that age. I would cut back on solids to get her to drink more formula. Babies go through lots of eating phases as they get older though, so it will probably pass!
  5. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ٭Wickεd٭ View Post
    This. Formula should be their main source of nutrition by far at 6 months. They just can't get the nutrients they need from solids with how little they eat at that age. I would cut back on solids to get her to drink more formula. Babies go through lots of eating phases as they get older though, so it will probably pass!
    This is what I thought about doing because I know the nutrients in the formula are so important. Yesterday I skipped her oatmeal until about 1 pm, but she was still being a goon about the bottle! She also wants to eat it sitting up now, but refuses to try to hold it LOL so that's also a new experience. I thought about mixing formula into her solids because that's what the ped said I could do if I didn't think she was taking enough formula, but I'm going to try holding off on solids again today. Thanks ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    At six months, Caden preferred his solids. He was eating about three times a day, and only taking 4 oz bottles about 6 or 7 times a day.
    I wouldn't worry unless she starts losing weight. Did she just go through a growth spurt? Sometimes Caden will stop drinking as much after his spurts.
    I have no idea if she did/didn't. Lol. I typically can't tell with her until I see her and realize she's bigger.
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Oh, and I almost forgot to suggest trying a sippy! There are so many different kinds and a lot of kids who start to refuse bottles will still take their formula from a sippy cup!
  7. Senior Member
    Oh, and I almost forgot to suggest trying a sippy! There are so many different kinds and a lot of kids who start to refuse bottles will still take their formula from a sippy cup!
    If she does RUN WITH IT. Stupid bottle is hard to break
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Omg the battle of finding the right sippy, there are like 6 million out there!!
  9. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    If she does RUN WITH IT. Stupid bottle is hard to break
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    Omg the battle of finding the right sippy, there are like 6 million out there!!
    She could be ready for a sippy? Noooooo.

Luckily, she doesn't have any attachment to her bottle.She acts like, and always has, like she could take it or leave it. Lol
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissOptimistic View Post
    She could be ready for a sippy? Noooooo.

Luckily, she doesn't have any attachment to her bottle.She acts like, and always has, like she could take it or leave it. Lol
    Definetly dd was drinking from a sippy at 5 months. I just recently tried a sippy with ds and he got pissed clearly he is attached to his bottle.