Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RSV

1. Senior Member

RSV

Advertisements
    This past week, as some of you may know from my PP's, Matty has had a fever nearly every day. He also developed a rash, which I am assuming is from the fever. Anyways, I took him to the pediatrician's today, and he had a fever of 100.7 and had been given ibproufen an hour before hand. Turns out, he has RSV. Unfortunately, the pedi was in a rush with us, because I got squeezed in to see her, so she didn't explain much about it and wrote him a prescription.

And, my google has chinese results... (computer virus, I'm assuming.)

So, anyone ever experience this with their baby? Is it contagious- can adults catch it? How long does it last? He is not sleeping and inconsolable at times. It's breaking my heart!
  2. Senior Member
    My daughter had RSV at 4 months of age. Your little one may be fine, but please, please watch your little guy. My little one was fine but I was told to watch her carefully as she could develop pneumonia. They did chest xrays which were clear. The next day she went into the ER and they did another chest xray which showed pneumonia. RSV is more common and severe in preemies (which my DD was not). Keep an eye on his chest when he breathes. If he is having to pull in so hard for a breath that you see his ribs and it's jerky, get him back in to the Dr. I cannot remember the medical term for it, but it's heartbreaking to see and not a good thing. Really, it can be fine and is not a uber serious situation (esp. if your baby was not a preemie), but you just have to watch.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    My daughter had RSV at 4 months of age. Your little one may be fine, but please, please watch your little guy. My little one was fine but I was told to watch her carefully as she could develop pneumonia. They did chest xrays which were clear. The next day she went into the ER and they did another chest xray which showed pneumonia. RSV is more common and severe in preemies (which my DD was not). Keep an eye on his chest when he breathes. If he is having to pull in so hard for a breath that you see his ribs and it's jerky, get him back in to the Dr. I cannot remember the medical term for it, but it's heartbreaking to see and not a good thing. Really, it can be fine and is not a uber serious situation (esp. if your baby was not a preemie), but you just have to watch.
    Wow! Thats good to know. His dr didn't mention anything of the sort. Although, it makes sense. I will absolutely keep my eye on him.
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I haven't experienced it but I had a friend whose son was in and out of the hospital numerous times because of RSV. It can be some heavy stuff. He's 7 now and still has a nebulizer (sp) that he has to use now and again. I hope you find answers and that he is okay. Hang in there momma you have a lot on your plate.
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Bella had it at 10mons old! She was wheezing, coughing, snotty etc! We had to do a breathing treatment in the drs office and if she had not have sounded better then we were going to be admitted but she sounded better afterwards, thankfully! We were sent home with an inhaler 3x a day. Def keep an eye on him and if he sounds wheezy, take him in asap
  6. Senior Member
    When my lo was about 6ish months they thought she had it. We were on leave and took her to an urgent care and they did a breathing treatment that did not help so she had to be sent to the children's hospital. She ended up having croup but the doc was explaining to us about RSV before her diagnosis and was saying that left untreated it can become server and that staying on top of symptoms is key.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    It's called retractions. Good piece of advice!

I'm sure Matty will be fine, Jen! Hope he feels better soon!!
  8. Senior Member
    I feel so awful for waiting to take him in. Bad momma moment. I was convinced it was teething and a slight cold. He hasn't had a breathing treatment, and they prescribed antibiotics (I know it's a virus..) to prevent it from turning into something more severe. I will definitely keep my eye on him!
  9. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Oh crap, lots of and healing woo and I hope your little one is better soon!
  10. Senior Member
    Thank you!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast