Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fever/Rash (pics)

1. Senior Member

Fever/Rash (pics)

Advertisements
    So Matty has had a fever for the last few days. It is low grade (100-101), and I decided to treat it with tylenol after it wouldn't pass on it's own. He has been in good spirits, for the most part. However, today he woke with a rash on his face! He hasn't had a fever since 8am, and I have not given him any tylenol today.

I think the fever is from a cold- He has been a bit stuffy & has a cough. I was sick last week so I think thats where he got it from.

However, I don't know where the rash is coming from. I have pics but they're a bit blurry. He's an active boy! The rash looks blotchy- however, he has not been touching his face, and has not tried new foods- so it's not caused from anything of the sort. (he normally scratches when he's sleepy)

What should I do? Is it doctor worthy? ...can't believe I'm so clueless. #newmomproblems

the rash is on his eye lids, cheek, and on his temple.

2. Senior Member
    I would venture to say it looks like heat rash ( DD had it from having a low grade fever from teething ). Of course it can't hurt to have the doctor look at it ( i do cause i'm paranoid).
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Has he been sweating more while he sleeps/drooling? My friend's little girl gets a rash like that when she gets really sweaty at night.
  4. Senior Member
    No I have him sleep in a light jammy set, too, cause of his fever.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Look up infant viral rashes (something viral rash). They come in many forms and are very common with kids under 2. Some kids never get them and some get them each and every time they're sick. Wyatt is susceptible and one of the lucky ones. We took him in the very first time he got one and they said that usually they show up either as a precursor to the other symptoms of a normal baby cold (ER doctor's words ) or at the tail end about 48 hours before it's going to be all gone. Wyatt gets them right before he gets sick. He was really sick about 2 weeks ago and that showed up about 24 hours before all Hell broke loose.

Wyatt's is in the form of little dots everywhere (which is why we took him in since it almost looked like chicken pox and there was an outbreak on DH's boat at the time) but my cousin (at age 8 now) still gets them and they're blotchy like Matty's.

If you're worried, no harm in taking him in, though.
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I would venture heat rash or allergic reaction to a product that had been around his face or a soap or something. I lead more towards the second because of location and the way the blotches are more confined. Heat rash is commonly on the tummy as well.

Any new products? The tylonol perhaps?

Or it's a rash from his cold which happens too.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Sometimes viruses can cause rashes. are they raised? Are they warmer than surrounding skin?
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Look up infant viral rashes (something viral rash). They come in many forms and are very common with kids under 2. Some kids never get them and some get them each and every time they're sick. Wyatt is susceptible and one of the lucky ones. We took him in the very first time he got one and they said that usually they show up either as a precursor to the other symptoms of a normal baby cold (ER doctor's words ) or at the tail end about 48 hours before it's going to be all gone. Wyatt gets them right before he gets sick. He was really sick about 2 weeks ago and that showed up about 24 hours before all Hell broke loose.

Wyatt's is in the form of little dots everywhere (which is why we took him in since it almost looked like chicken pox and there was an outbreak on DH's boat at the time) but my cousin (at age 8 now) still gets them and they're blotchy like Matty's.

If you're worried, no harm in taking him in, though.
    Makes sense! my mom said I used to get them when I was getting over a virus. Thank you for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    I would venture heat rash or allergic reaction to a product that had been around his face or a soap or something. I lead more towards the second because of location and the way the blotches are more confined. Heat rash is commonly on the tummy as well.

Any new products? The tylonol perhaps?

Or it's a rash from his cold which happens too.
    I did start using a new shampoo/conditioner on him yesterday! (johnson&johnson) So, it could be that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Sometimes viruses can cause rashes. are they raised? Are they warmer than surrounding skin?
    Nope, they're not raised or warm.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    is the shampoo "natural"?
  10. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Johnson & Johnson is notorious for reactions. It has some not so awesome stuff in it. I would venture that could be it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast