Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fever

1. Senior Member

Fever

Advertisements
    So matty just woke from a 2 hour nap, and seemed really warm. I temped him after he was awake for 15 minutes, and it was 100.9. He seems otherwise happy, but is sleeping a lot! (7pm-9am then 10am-12pm)

I'm questioning if I should give him tylenol and bring the temp down, or wait it out and if it rises call the dr?

He may have a virus, or it just may be teething... However, he did just start taking zantac- could it be related to that?
  2. Senior Member
    If he isn't having any symptoms I would not treat the fever. If it gets over 102 then that is when I would start treating it. Bodies get fevers for a reason. Obviously if you feel like treating it now then go for it. You know him best, just go with you gut. I hope he feels better soon.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Treat the fever with breastmilk if you are still nursing it will naturally help take it down. Otherwise just give him a cool rag to play with he should be fine. He's trying to fight off some pain or virus.
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks guys! Unfortunately, I don't BF anymore. I'm going to wait on the tylenol and let him ride this out.
  5. Banned
    Banned

Sounds like both our boys are having a rough day. I hope his fever comes down!
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Not much a dr will do for fevers unless its extreme and doesn't come down with meds.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress