Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bed time?

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

Bed time?

Advertisements
    No matter what I do, DS is always up late or later than I'd like.

I try putting him down at 7:30 & he's out like a light until he wakes back up at 8. I'll change him, feed him, rock him, put him in his swing but he still doesn't fall asleep for the night until 9:30 (on a good night) or some time around 10:30.

Is there anything else I can do? He already has a pretty strict routine... Feed, bath time, a little cuddle time, feed & then he falls asleep but then like I said, he's back up no more than 30 minutes later.

Once he does fall asleep, he's amazing though. He gets up the same time every night for a quick late night snack around 2:30-3, then up again around 6-6:30 where he'll have his 4-6oz (that's like a snack to him too ) & then a nap until about 9, which is when he starts getting active for the day.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have no clue. Joseph goes to bed when we do.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    I have no clue. Joseph goes to bed when we do.
    That's a bit of the problem. If he goes to bed at 9:30 then we'll follow shortly after... 10:30 just doesn't work though because we're both exhausted by then & DH will go to bed before me sometimes.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

at that age, i think thats what my kids were doing Maybe just doze on the couch or in bed until it's close to him going to sleep or something?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i totally feel you though, I forgot to add that in. I feel you.
    Between not going to bed until Joseph is ready (between 10:30 and midnight ) and him waking up several times a night, I am one tired momma!
    I need to do some sleep training, because I just cannot keep going on with little sleep, but dang it he is my baby I cannot listen to him cry!
  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    His doctor was like, "Just put him in his crib when he gets drowsy." Uhhh yea right. He'll be content for about 10 minutes until he starts screaming because he's not ready yet.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You say he gets up again at 8, have you tried just waiting until then to put him down? Maybe that extra 30 min of him being awake will be enough to put him out for the night.

I know its a win in our house if I can get Zach down within the same hour time frame every night. He would fight me tooth and nail if I tried putting him down at a specific time!
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Increase his bedtime by 15-30 mins earlier each time from 10:00. What worked for us is no naps after 5. And we play a lot so she's really wore out and tired by the time bedtime comes around. I put mine to bed at 9 because she wakes up at 9 and I don't want her waking up before that.

9. Senior Member
    At that age Aidan was going to bed around 1030-1130. He then slept until 8 or 9. We chose to let it go, since it was more important to us to have him sleep for a long period at night, then try to get him to sleep earlier. He didn't start going to bed at 730 until just before a year old.
  10. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    No naps after 430-5 is what helps in our house. Babies are tough sometimes with bed time.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast