Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCSing overseas with a newborn

1. Junior Member

PCSing overseas with a newborn

Advertisements
    At what age is it considered ok to take a newborn out of the country? I'm clueless!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

2. Banned
    Banned
    I don't think there is a time limit. my cousin took her 4 day old baby to germany. her dh went 4 months before and she really just wanted to get there as soon as possible. she had a normal delivery and the Dr cleared both of them to fly the day she checked out of the hospital.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think it depends on the Airline. I saw that aa said that 2 days after delivery; but, would prefer 7 days. American Airlines Offers Information For Traveling With Children And Infants On AA.com
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Junior Member
    Ah ok We will still need to get all his travel docs and command sponsorship stuff together after he is born so I'm sure he'll be ok to travel I was afraid it was going to be like 6 months or something Thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

5. Senior Member
    Your bgges issue will be sponsorship and the passport. But as soon as your docotr clears the baby to travel, it would theoretically be fine, since crossing country boarders isn't relevant.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Senior Member
    Our friends were going to England and they had everything (passports/visas) within 4 weeks.
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I traveled at 4 months old with my son. We would of went at 3 months but didnt have his visa yet.
    You can travel once you get the passport
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. Married to Airman
    Married to Airman
    Like others said, depends on the airline. I pcsed overseas with my daughter when she was 2 months, dh left a month earlier. I don't know how its possible to take a 4 day old baby overseas. Mainly because passport itself will take at least 2 weeks and before u can get a passport u need a birth certificate, SSN, command sponsorship approval then adding the baby to the orders. Also, it might be better to leave at least after 6 weeks so that you'll get your doctor's check up and maybe get any meds that u would need such as birth control pills or something else.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    they did not need command sponsorship for the baby for some reason, and they had the passport in 72 hours. she had the SSN the next day by going in and applying and they gave her a number right then and there, the birth certificate she got right from Vital statistics the next day, she was able to get the flight booked the day she delivered for 4 days later.
    I am not sure how they did it but I am seriously saying she was on a flight 4 days after the baby was born.