Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not ready to stop

1. Banned
    Banned

Sad I'm not ready to stop

Advertisements
    Last week when Cameron went through that growth spurt, my supply went up. Then I got my period. Now it's almost gone completely. I've been taking fenugreek, and I'm getting some blessed thistle today. But the number of bottles of breast milk we have to give Cameron increases everyday. I'm not ready to be done nursing. I wanted to make it to 6 months at the very least. I'm so upset right now.

My mom is looking for a medication I can take. At this point, I'll do anything to get my supply up. Stupid period. Now I hate it even more.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My only advice is nurse nurse nurse!! If you have the time, try and focus on only nursing him for a couple days, even if that means you sit there and nurse him all day. The more he nurses the better!
    hang in there.
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

mothers milk plus or something like that on amazon is recommended a lot too! Lots of nursing and/or pumping!! That's exactly what happened to my supply when I got my first AF... but i was done BF by then so i didnt bother :\
  4. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

It's normal that it goes down during your period, and it should come back up!

6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post

My only advice is nurse nurse nurse!! If you have the time, try and focus on only nursing him for a couple days, even if that means you sit there and nurse him all day. The more he nurses the better!
    hang in there.
    He gets really frustrated because nothing comes out. I can't even hand express anything to squirt in his mouth. I was able to pump an ounce and a half (normally I can get 4-6 oz, so this is depressing to me...but at least it is something), and I added that to his bottle that he didn't finish this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    mothers milk plus or something like that on amazon is recommended a lot too! Lots of nursing and/or pumping!! That's exactly what happened to my supply when I got my first AF... but i was done BF by then so i didnt bother :\
    I pumped last night for half an hour and got an ounce, and this morning and got that ounce and a half.

My mom and doctor found a US version of a popular med that they use in the UK. I'm supposed to take that 3x a day now.

Will my supply do this every month, or until my body realizes that I'm still nursing even though is there?

I just feel so bad for Booga because he hates bottles, and that's how he has to finish eating now. I started leaving the room when DH feeds him, because when he sees me he gets really mad that DH is bottle feeding him instead of him eating off me.

is a super bitch.
  7. Senior Member
    I dealt with a similar problem, and eventually stopped BF at 10-11 wks. My advice- pump a lot! Every 2 hours. (atleast, thats what I did) My doctor recommended Moringa (herbal supplement) and mothers milk tea, and my milk came back quick, and I had a really strong let down again. Don't give up hope, yet!

(picture of the moringa, so you get an idea.) I bought both the Moringa & mothers milk tea on amazon.
  8. Senior Member
    No advice, just and ...hopefully it's just that did it and your supply will increase again soon!
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

It usually dip down but mine like....went WAY down.. but i was getting low beforehand anyways.
  10. There's no testimony without the test.
    There's no testimony without the test.
    I'm just going to put this out there because on Monday when I went to my appointment the mid wife was talking about BFing and I told her that I never had any trouble til my last baby and I had to stop. She said I will tell you the trick to getting a huge milk supply and women back in my day did it all the time but it's not recommended anymore. She said that when you take the longest break of the day between BFing if you drink just one beer it will maxamize your supply. She said when her doctor told her that and she drank one that the next day she had enough milk to feed the neighborhood. She said for the obvious reason of women abusing alcohol while pregnant or BFing that it's not recommeneded anymore but that it works. I have never heard that until she said it so I just thought I would pass that info on to you, for what it's worth. lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast