Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 month visit & shots *IMG Added*

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

2 month visit & shots *IMG Added*

Advertisements
    DS had his 2 month visit and shots on Wed... Fatty is 14lbs and 25inch long. 90th percentile for height and 92nd for weight... love him!

Shots... no fun. I scheduled it so we would be getting the shots right when he was hungry, worked out great because after they were done I was able to give him his bottle and it seemed to calm him down really fast. He was fine for a while after we were done... but man once that 3-4 hour mark kicked in, MONSTER BABY!

Felt so bad, he just screamed for hours and there was nothing we could do to console him My poor sweet boy was so upset, it was heartbreaking. Did give him some Tylenol which he hated and ended up spitting 1/2 of it out. Eventually he wore himself out and fell asleep. Gave him another 1/2 does in his midnight bottle and he took that much better and slept most of the night.

I do wish someone would invent something that could safely keep a childs pacifier in their mouth though... yes, understand its unrealistic, but a girl can dream I am very thankful that DS started sleeping through the night, its been a God-sent for us! However, it would be even better if he slept even longer! As soon as the pacifier falls out though he starts moving around and waking up... and I really don't mind getting up, I just wish it was for a better reason then to stick the thing back in there.
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    That is the same size as my 5 month old she's 26 1/2 inches and 14 pounds 5 ounces

3. Senior Member
    I'm sorry he had a rough time. What a big guy! We haven't seen enough recent pictures to fully believe the chunk though B will be getting his shots while dh is at jrtc. Not looking forward to doing that alone!
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Aww I love that he's becoming such a chunker (Not that I'm biased or anything ).

I'm sorry he had a rough night with the shots, poor guy ....oh and I agree with the pacifier thing When Landon was still using one (he stopped at 6 months for some reason ), it was a godsend. It just drove me nuts that it was constantly falling out of his mouth

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    That is the same size as my 5 month old she's 26 1/2 inches and 14 pounds 5 ounces
    Yeah, we just started buying 6-9 month clothes because I am tired of him wearing something twice and then it being too small!

Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    I'm sorry he had a rough time. What a big guy! We haven't seen enough recent pictures to fully believe the chunk though B will be getting his shots while dh is at jrtc. Not looking forward to doing that alone!
    Oh... there is chunk...

6. Senior Member
    so. much. CHUNK!

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Laura~ View Post
    so. much. CHUNK!
    You married yet? I miss your face, we need to do Red Robbin soon.
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Those two month shots are horrific. I HATED them with Kaia. Poor little guy, I'm glad he is better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    Your 5 month old is longer than my 10 month old.
  9. Regular Member
    Aw shots are tough. They had to do a blood test on my daughter to check her jaundice at her 2 month appointment. It broke my heart to see her little arm in a tourniquet. She has her 4 month shots in a few weeks. I'm not looking forward to it. Our clinic is stupid. They make you go back out in the waiting room to put your baby's clothes on...while they're screaming from just getting shots. At least my DH will be on holiday leave next time. So, I won't have to do it by myself.
    I'm so anxious to see what she weighs now though. She was 5 weeks premature, so we've been playing catch-up.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by TankerWife19K View Post
    Aw shots are tough. They had to do a blood test on my daughter to check her jaundice at her 2 month appointment. It broke my heart to see her little arm in a tourniquet. She has her 4 month shots in a few weeks. I'm not looking forward to it. Our clinic is stupid. They make you go back out in the waiting room to put your baby's clothes on...while they're screaming from just getting shots. At least my DH will be on holiday leave next time. So, I won't have to do it by myself.
    I'm so anxious to see what she weighs now though. She was 5 weeks premature, so we've been playing catch-up.
    Screw that... I was in that office a good 15-20 minutes after he got his shots feeding him because he was upset and thats what calmed him down! I would flip if my dr. tried to kick us out right afterward!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast