Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Baby led weaning

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Baby led weaning

Advertisements
    Lay it all on me! Give me the skinny! How do I do it and where do I start? What age did you start? What EXACTLY did you start with? Like what was the first food you have your kids, how was it cooked and how big was it? Please help I'm in the dark!
  2. Senior Member
    With zane we started with avocados. it was a mess but it was cute and he loved then then we went to bell peppers (cut like a french fry sized strip), and i just started giving him whatever we were eating (included spices as long as it wasn't super spicy/hot). I always do slices of things in about french fry size ( including meats) and put it on his high chair tray. he loves shredded cheese and chicken too lol . I have started recently offering smaller things that he has to use pincher grasp with ... i was to chicken to start the smaller things first lol .
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    So what age did you start?
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

We started with cucumbers with Kalista. She loooved them. We started at 6 months because I wanted her EBF until then. We did slices and cut off the skins and she would munch on them and gum them up. Honestly, it took her a long time to actually consume much of what we gave her. We also gave her avocado, toast, bell peppers, and worked up to cheerios, bananas, and tomatoes. All of it cut into bite size strips that she could easily hold. She will eat anything now.

I am not hardcore with it though, I did some spoon feeding too. We also gave her Yo Baby yogurt at 6 months.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I feel like ds is ready for food the way he looks at ours while we eat it he's just or crazy about being spoon fed! I also terrified of him choking... He is so different from dd! Dd couldn't get enough baby food!
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    I feel like ds is ready for food the way he looks at ours while we eat it he's just or crazy about being spoon fed! I also terrified of him choking... He is so different from dd! Dd couldn't get enough baby food!
    The choking thing freaked me out too! I very very slowly introduced things and watched her like a hawk. She surprised me with how well she did though! We had a few coughing incidents but no actual choking and she started gumming her food before she swallowed it immediately.