Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you use?

1. Getting Married April, 15, 2012!!
    Getting Married April, 15, 2012!!

Hello What do you use?

Advertisements
    Just curious as to what your likes and dislikes are on some essential baby items.

Carseats?
    Strollers?
    Travel Systems?
    Diapers?
    Cloth/Disposable?
    Bottles?
    Formula?
    Cribs?
    Pack N Plays?
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Carseats? - graco

Strollers? - graco

Travel Systems? - graco (this is the only brand ive tried so i cant say if i dislike others)

Diapers? - pampers. they're the only ones that doesn't give my daughter a diaper rash.

Cloth/Disposable? - don't do those.

Bottles? - we use nuk and tommee tippee but honestly cheap bottles work just as fine to me

Formula? - we use gerber good start gentle. tried enfamil gentlease and it made her constipated

Cribs? - we have a delta springtime from BRU

Pack N Plays? - graco. my travel system and pack n play are the same teme from graco

3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Carseats? Graco

Strollers? Graco

Travel Systems? Graco (My car seat/stroller is a travel system)

Diapers? Usually Pampers, sometimes Huggies

Cloth/Disposable? Disposable

Bottles? Dr Browns & Playtex Drop Ins

Formula? Enfamil Premium

Cribs? Graco

Pack N Plays? Fisher Price

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Carseats? DD had this one for awhile. Amazon.com: Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat, Allison: Baby

Strollers? I just used a cheap stroller from Walmart, because for those. As long as is was light weight, and was easy to push. It was good enough and DD's cheap stroller lasted till she was way to big to be in strollers any more.

Travel Systems? Depends if you want to fight with one or not. I had a really nice one, BUT I never used it. I hated dealing with the heavy stroller and the heavy car seat along with a 6-18+lb baby...

Diapers? Pampers. They are they only ones that DD didn't leak out of, and it's not like I was leaving them on her long. It as just every other brand didn't even hold a little pee, and when she had poop blow outs. Forget about it... all the other brands had her leaking poop all OVER the place. The pampers though it mostly stayed in making for a much easier clean up..

Cloth/Disposable? Disposable. DD exploded out of cloth ones even when the nurse put them on her. So we gave up on that idea fast....

Bottles? Depends on the baby. Some babies won't take even the high end brands. DD liked the cheapest ones money can buy the best. She'd barely drink much from the other bottles I had for her, and this was after I had spent like $50 getting the ones my OBGYN had suggested... One of the top brands right now though is Tommee Tippee Amazon.com: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature (3-pack 9 Oz Bottles): Baby

Formula? Similac Advance Early Shield

Cribs? Never used one. They scare me enough to not use them with my next baby either, and I found the one I had(The crib not the pack n play ) with DD to be a waste of space. DD slept in her pack N Play, or in bed with whomever(my sister or aunt) was watching her while I was at work..

Pack N Plays? DD had one kinda like this. Amazon.com: Graco Silhouette Pack 'N Play Playard with Bassinet and Changer, Rittenhouse: Baby
    Last edited by LoveMikeyBear; 12-04-2012 at 12:48 AM.
    Signature removed due to size.
  5. Getting Married April, 15, 2012!!
    Getting Married April, 15, 2012!!
    Dh doesn't want to buy a crib and wants to just use the pack n play.
  6. Senior Member
    For Makenzi

Carseats?
    -infant carrier was a Graco w/ the travel system
    -now she has a Britax Decathlon but it expires soon
    -she will be getting the Graco Nautilus

Strollers?
    -we had a travel system when she was a baby
    -now we have a cheapo one from walmart she hates being pushed so it works when we need one.

Travel Systems?
    -it came with her graco infant carrier, i hated using it, it was bulky and heavy.

Diapers?
    -up until she was 15 months old she wore up&up (target brand) it was the only brand that didn't give her chemical burns
    -now we cloth

Cloth/Disposable?
    -cloth all the way. i love JCTrade and Alvas, china cheapies but they work great!

Bottles?
    -avent

Formula?
    -enfamil soy, she was lactose intolerant.

Cribs?
    -graco lauren 4-in-1, in espresso

Pack N Plays?
    -never had one.

For Chance

Carseats?
    -combi shuttle 33

Strollers?
    -doesnt have one.

Travel Systems?
    -n/a

Diapers?
    -we used pampers & huggies until his circumcision healed.

Cloth/Disposable?
    -newborn alvas

Bottles?
    -he is breastfed but when he does get a bottle we use avent

Formula?
    -n/a

Cribs?
    -summer infant, carrington in white

Pack N Plays?
    - graco but we dont use it
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Carseats? Wyatt's infant was a Graco Snugride and his convertible is a Graco MyRide 65
    Strollers? We started with a Jeep Liberty Jogging stroller (loved it but it was heavy), now we have a lighter Quinny stroller that folds super small for traveling
    Travel Systems? HATE travel systems/ Graco Strollers. I'm picky and none of the travel system ones handled nicely for me
    Diapers? We were Pampers loyal until he developed an allergy to the stuff in disposables so we Cloth
    Cloth/Disposable? Cloth pockets and fitteds
    Bottles? When he was with a sitter, the only ones he ever would take were the expensive Tommy Tippee
    Formula? None, exclusively breastfed
    Cribs? Don't know the brand but it's a convertible but we won't be using it for a toddler/full size bed
    Pack N Plays? We have a Graco with a changer and a rocking seat in it for when they're teeny tiny. Loved it. We also have the mini-PNP that's half the size for traveling
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Carseat: We have BabyTrend.COM - Travel Systems - Jogger - TJ93422 : Expedition ELX Travel System - Everglade. We love it.
    Stroller: Get a jogger. You don't have to worry about the wheels locking up like you do with a 4-wheeled stroller.
    Travel System: Ours is a system. Some people don't like them, but we love it. We get a lot of use out of his stroller.
    Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers. We have gotten packages of the BabyDry ones, but when he pees, all you can smell is pee and his clothes got wet.
    Cloth/Disposable: We use sposies, but he has a full stash of cloth. We are just waiting for his shrimpy butt to fit into the cloth. We mainly have Alva's, Gpants, and Grovias.
    Bottles: He will only take a Tommee Tippee...but that's only if he is starving. Otherwise he just plays with it, and then chokes...and then gets mad.
    Formua: Cameron is EBF.
    Cribs: We have this one...Essentials - Espresso - Baby Cache - Babies "R" Us (with the dresser/changer combo). I really like it. The only bad thing is that I have to realllllllly lean over to kiss him goodnight since I'm so short.
    Pack and Play: We got ours of rileyyardsales for $15 and it was brand new. I want to say it is a Safety 1st, but I'm not sure. We keep it set up in my room back home for when we go visit Grandma. It has a diaper changer and a storage area for diapers/wipes/etc. I would definitely recommend getting one with one of those things.
    Last edited by JasonsGirl; 12-04-2012 at 01:42 AM.
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug415 View Post
    Dh doesn't want to buy a crib and wants to just use the pack n play.
    I use his crib for bed time & his pnp is downstairs in his playroom for changing him & naps... It's a lot more convenient that way, IMO. It works for us.

And if you get a convertible crib like I have then it'll save you money in the long run because then you wont have to buy a toddler bed & then a full bed.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  10. Senior Member
    Carseats? chicco key fit. It has great reviews!
    Strollers? Chicco travel system.
    Travel Systems? "
    Chicco Cortina SE Travel System - Perseo : Target
    Diapers? Pampers swaddlers.
    Cloth/Disposable? Disposable.
    Bottles? Tommee Tippee.
    Formula? Enfamil
    Cribs? Delta 4- in 1 convertible
    Delta Bentley 4-in-1 Convertible Crib - Chocolate : Target
    Pack N Plays? Graco
    Graco Silhouette Pack 'n Play Playard SweetPea f... : Target
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast