Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newborn clothes?

1. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)

Newborn clothes?

Advertisements
    So we have a decent amount of clothes for baby boy but most are 0-3 and I only have one newborn sleeper. I pretty sure we need to get some more newborn things of course but I was wondering are the 0-3 close to newborn size? I just don't know how much we should get or ask for christmas.

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    Not really, some are and some aren't. My DS was in newborn clothing until he was a month old. 0-3 didn't quite fit him yet, and he was 8lbs 30z when he was born. I'd definitely pick up a few things, but wouldn't go overboard, as babies quickly grow out of them.
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    Not really, some are and some aren't. My DS was in newborn clothing until he was a month old. 0-3 didn't quite fit him yet, and he was 8lbs 30z when he was born. I'd definitely pick up a few things, but wouldn't go overboard, as babies quickly grow out of them.
    8lbs 30oz huh? Big boy!

It depends entirely on the brand.
  4. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    I think ours will be aleast 8lbs too lol I was 8lb and so was DH and I have gestational diabetes so equals probably a big boy haha. I will tell everyone to get that for him for christmas lol
  5. There's no testimony without the test.
    There's no testimony without the test.
    I had soooo many clothes for DD and they went to waste. She stayed in newborn for 4 months but even after that it was just easier for her to stay in onsies.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    8lbs 30oz huh? Big boy!

It depends entirely on the brand.
    He didn't get the nickname Meatball for nothin'

8lbs 3oz, excuse my error.
  7. Senior Member
    I wouldn't get too many newborn things until the baby is born and you see how big he is. DS2 was 9 lb 12 oz and didn't wear a single newborn outfit. DS1 was 8 lb 1oz, and he only wore them for a few weeks.
  8. Regular Member
    I'd honestly only ask for a couple. ODS was born a week late and was 8 pounds 19 1/2 inches long. And he was never in newborn clothes. YDS was 2wks early and he was in Newborn clothes about 5 1/2 weeks. He was 7 pounds 8 ounces and 19 3/4 inches, and 0-3 month sleepers were way too big for him, he'd end up with both legs in one side, he's just now getting to where 0-3 fits him without it being huge.
    ETA: Some babies will fit better in Newborn clothes some they won't fit into at all. I honestly wouldn't get a whole bunch and then have him not be able to wear them, cause he's bigger than what expected. HTH and good luck
    Proud mommy to Zackary and Ezekiel
    Deployment Survivor X2
    "I don't regret the things i've done I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance." -unknown-

http://booksgalore13.blogspot.com/
    http://pinterest.com/angel301222/
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Nope. DS didn't fit into 0-3 months until he was about 1 month. It definitely depends on the clothing & your child. Some babies stay in newborns longer than others.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  10. Banned
    Banned
    DS was 3 weeks early and came in at 9lb 6oz, and he fit into NB stuff until he was 2 months old. We only had a few NB things since I figured they would only fit for a week or so. We put him in NB and 0-3 simultaneously, and it was fine. They were a little big, but it wasn't anything crazy.
    Last edited by JasonsGirl; 12-03-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: pulled a Jen and put 9lb 60z :lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast