Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Strollers

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Double Strollers

Advertisements
    So Wyatt and this new baby are going to be around 26mos apart. Right now, Wyatt's either in a shopping cart or stroller with me unless it's a quick run in-and-out errand. With both DH and I, it depends where we're going if the stroller goes with us or not. He's a great walker but he gets tired/annoyed and likes to sit or be carried. DH and I were originally thinking that buying a double would be a waste of money but now I'm kinda rethinking it. I will be baby wearing the new one, like we did with Wyatt, for long trips like grocery shopping and such but once this he/she is old enough to not want to be worn, they'd be in the stroller. I'm trying to think, logistically, how I will go to places like Wal-Mart or the aquarium without a double (by myself) and I really don't see how. I can't hold one kid and push the stroller (I already know that from trying with Wyatt and I end up crashing the stroller into the aisle ). I can't logically - for me - wear one child all the time where ever I go.

I realize I'm rambling SO, mom's with kids around that age difference, can you tell me about your double stroller, maybe provide a link I've got two double that I like the design a lot. We're not buying while we're out here if we can help it (READ: We better get orders off this rock soon or else ) but I'm a huge planner and researcher and I've got OCD so, yeah,

These are the links to the two strollers that I like: Britax B-Agile Double Stroller - Red - Britax - Babies "R" Us and Baby Jogger 2011 City Mini Double Stroller - Green/Grey - Baby Jogger - Babies "R" Us

They both will require us to buy a new infant seat since ours isn't compatible (at least that I can find - Graco Snugride 22 is what we have) but I'm not really worried about that. I only like the side-by-side strollers and really hate the sit and stands. I'm in love with the doubel joggers (like the BOB) but my Jeep single jogging stroller is really wide and heavy so I can imagine a double will be far worse. Plus, we fly a decent amount so it's got to be something fairly light for it's size so I could theoretically do it alone in the airport quickly.
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I dunno know about strollers..we just went with the sit n stand..works better for bella who wants to sit or stand lol!!
  3. Senior Member
    Bumbleride indie twin. Seriously the.best.ever.
  4. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

I have a sit n Stand which I love. Easy to push. I also have the jeep side by side umbrella and that I a pain in the ass.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Well, I can tell you right now, the side by sides are pretty hard to deal with doing any kind of shopping. Stores just don't usually make the aisles wide enough for them unless you are willing to annoy everyone else while you are there. We have a side by side double jogger and we LOVE it for everything else (park, zoo play dates, etc) but it's really impractical for the store. Adam and I just always shopped together when Kalista was really little so that Kaia could be in the cart with one of us and Kalista could be in the stroller with the other.

Ours is also VERY heavy. The only stroller we have ever taken while flying is an umbrella though, because I don't want the airline breaking my strollers.
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    You know I rave about my Phil and Ted and actually regretting not bringing it to the states on vacation with us!
    Don't buy a new carseat you don't need baby to go in a carseat for the stroller. It's actually not good for baby to be in a carseat for longer then car rides.
    Walmart commy I baby wore and Dylan went in the cart. Bx I used the stroller, trips to London I use the stroller. I use my stroller a lot!
    Double strollers that can also be a single stroller are wells worth it since he is getting a little older and wont ride all the time
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I dunno know about strollers..we just went with the sit n stand..works better for bella who wants to sit or stand lol!!
    I really don't like those just because there's no way to tie Wyatt down I just can see him getting off and running through somewhere while I'm out alone with them both. Not a vision I really want. I played with a one in the NEX the other day while killing time and it just didn't handle nicely for me. Yet another thing that differs from parent-to-parent, child-to-child :gah

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyLovesTricky View Post
    Bumbleride indie twin. Seriously the.best.ever.
    I've never even heard of that brand, off to check, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SamInCT View Post
    I have a sit n Stand which I love. Easy to push. I also have the jeep side by side umbrella and that I a pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Well, I can tell you right now, the side by sides are pretty hard to deal with doing any kind of shopping. Stores just don't usually make the aisles wide enough for them unless you are willing to annoy everyone else while you are there. We have a side by side double jogger and we LOVE it for everything else (park, zoo play dates, etc) but it's really impractical for the store. Adam and I just always shopped together when Kalista was really little so that Kaia could be in the cart with one of us and Kalista could be in the stroller with the other.

Ours is also VERY heavy. The only stroller we have ever taken while flying is an umbrella though, because I don't want the airline breaking my strollers.
    If I had it my way, we'd just do what you did but with DH on active duty submarines and we're more than likely going ot another sea tour, it's just implausible unless I only ever go places when he's home (and subsequently lose my mind ). I imagine that any double stroller's going to be heavier than our lightweight Quinny is now I just don't want a beast, I'm only 5ft!! The two strollers that I linked **supposedly** fit through a standard door way so if they can do that, they may be tight in some of the smaller stores but Wal-Mart and big stores should be okay. But I haven't touched either of them yet so I could be wayyyy off base.
    In all honesty, I have no idea what I'll do if I have to fly alone somewhere with two kids so young so I probably shouldn't even factor that into the stroller because I'm such a basketcase with flying as it is
  8. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    On I HATED my sit and stand I actually sold it before she was even born cause I hated it. It was long pushed like crap and Dylan couldn't be strapped in well. I also have used a side by side and hated it equally! You can't go shopping of for through doors.
    In line with real tires is the only way Togo
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    You know I rave about my Phil and Ted and actually regretting not bringing it to the states on vacation with us!
    Don't buy a new carseat you don't need baby to go in a carseat for the stroller. It's actually not good for baby to be in a carseat for longer then car rides.
    Walmart commy I baby wore and Dylan went in the cart. Bx I used the stroller, trips to London I use the stroller. I use my stroller a lot!
    Double strollers that can also be a single stroller are wells worth it since he is getting a little older and wont ride all the time
    I've looked a bit into Phil and Teds and kinda like the idea of them but I haven't really seen them in person very much and the price pretty much scares me from them. For buying a new carseat, I may need to buy one any way since ours is a hand-me-down from a close friend, I have to look at the expiration but I really need the option of keeping him/her in the seat for shoppping so if I have to get a new one, it's gonna be one that clicks into the new stroller. Unless I can get a double stroller that has the bassinet ability like some of the singles do but I haven't seen one yet.
  10. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I got my Phil and Ted used. The seat lays flat so new born can be in it without a carseat. I never used a carseat with my stroller. You don't have to keep them in the carseat for shopping. just pop baby into the stroller from the carseat first then get W out and in.
    If you watch deals you can find new p&t for cheaper then the britax. The britax doesn't have the best tires. I can steer my stroller with one hand almost flawlessly (as log as its not gravel or grass )
    I just don't recommend side by sides if your going to be a lone a lot and use the stroller a lot. Tough to do shopping.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast