Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reviews

1. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3

Confused Reviews

Advertisements
    I'm definitely going to sound like a new mom here so bare with me here.

But in the next few weeks we'll be getting the nursery around, so I've been reading up on reviews on everything.

I think I'm just paranoid, but everything from bassinets to swings has negative reviews about safety (with babies getting flat heads and whatnot) on them. I seriously have no idea what to get, I'm super freaked out now!

Did you start your baby in a bassinet or did you start out with the crib? I've had a couple friends tell me they actually used a swing to get their newborn to sleep and their kids are fine, but I've read that isn't safe (not sure how much truth that holds). I'm scared to get anything because it won't be safe! :sad
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    i put mine in the crib from night one. i know some others might disagree but i firmly believe thats why she sleeps 12 hours a night (has since she was 2 months old)is because she's been in her own room in her own crib from day one.

for her swing we have the fisher price purple one. this one.

she has a bald spot on the back of her head from sleeping on her back... not sure when that will go away lol.

3. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    i put mine in the crib from night one. i know some others might disagree but i firmly believe thats why she sleeps 12 hours a night (has since she was 2 months old)is because she's been in her own room in her own crib from day one.

for her swing we have the fisher price purple one. this one.

she has a bald spot on the back of her head from sleeping on her back... not sure when that will go away lol.
    I can deal with a bald spot, I've just read about babies needing helmets and having neck problems.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We skipped the bassinet mainly because we had a pack n play in our room and they only last until the baby gets too big or starts rolling over, just seemed like a waste of money (no matter how cute they are ). Wyatt slept in our bed with us from day one until he was around 8mos old. Few reasons for us doing that was that I exclusively breastfed so night feedings were much easier with him right there. We planned to use the PNP but I had an emergency c section with a pretty rough recovery so for the first two weeks I had trouble getting out of bed awake, let alone half asleep. I didn't trust myself to get out and back in holding a newborn. This worked for OUR family and we'll be doing this again with our new one but bed sharing is definitely not for everyone.

I don't really believe in a crib hurting the baby from sleeping in it from day one and Wyatt spent plenty of nights/extended naps in his swing and he's totally fine. All babies get the bald spot like Miriah was saying from their carseats, bouncers, swings, cribs, etc because their moving their heads and rubbing their fine newborn hair off.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Flat spots are normal. You just need to make sure you do tummy time so they aren't on their back ALL the time.

We had bassinets when they are under 3 months old. They slept in our room with us.

As for sleeping, it all depends on the child. Our oldest didn't sleep unless he was near us. Our youngest, slept great from day one. There is no "Magic" to it or any special thing. Each child is different.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Aubs slept in a bassinet next to my bed from day one until 6 months old. At 6 months, I transferred her over to her crib in her own room. She's never had a flat spot or anything, just the bald one, and she has slept through the night since 4 weeks old.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

7. Regular Member
    Our daughter is 3 months old, but she was also born 5 weeks premature. So, it's been hard to make a timeline for her. She's still sleeping in our room, in her bassinet at nights. During the days, I've been putting her in the crib for naps so she can still get used to it.
  8. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    I did a crib right away. We had a bouncer and a swing because you never know what baby will like. None of my kids had flat spots (or at least one that was noticeable) that I know of. I know they had the bald spot from rubbing back and forth in their carseats LOL which is always funny to get a picture of

This is the swing and bounce we had.

Swing (except it was brown and had an owl)
    Fisher-Price Take Along Swing- How Now Brown Cow : Target

Bouncer
    Disney Winnie the Pooh Baby Bouncer - Walmart.com
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  9. Senior Member
    We used a pack and play and/or our bed for infant sleeping for the first 2 months. After that, we used the pack and play only and then transitioned to a crib.

I personally would NEVER want my baby to sleep in their swing or bouncy seat because I wouldn't want them to get accustomed to sleeping in a place or position that does not mimic their crib bed. (Unless they had reflux or a medical condition that required them to stay more upright, obviously, that's a whole different story). I also didn't want my daughter to only fall asleep with a rocking motion....so we just stuck to the good ol' PNP.

I would not use or buy one of those Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleepers because they have horrible reviews for deforming babies heads and causing them to require physical therapy, etc. I was given one and I gave it away since I didn't want to risk it on my child. I would take those reviews VERY seriously.
  10. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    We bed share. No problems and perfect head with no flat spots.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast