Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 month old fighting sleep?

1. Senior Member

4 month old fighting sleep?

Advertisements
    Matt has been refusing to sleep, and puts up a HUGE fight. For example, yesterday, He was awake from 1130am-630pm, with a two-minute snooze in his jumperoo around 430pm. He quickly woke up, and began screaming, and didn't calm down until about 620pm.

Then, he went to sleep at 630pm for the night. He woke up three times between then and 330am, and would not go back to sleep after. It's now 1130 am, and he hasn't slept at all since.

I'm losing my mind! He is miserable. Is this normal? He seems otherwise healthy (no fever, consistent BM's, etc). Can this happen with a growth spurt?
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Gavin gets like that during his growth spurts. It's terrible. I hope that's just what it is for Matt & it should pass soon.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    I'm seriously losing my mind. when he wakes up, he cries. I miss my happy baby.
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Could be a growth spurt and it can be teething. Since it takes a very long time for teeth to break through and the go up and down a lot before they actually break the skin that could be causing some discomfort as well.

Fussy babies are hard. It will get better.

If it is his teeth I would look into an Amber Necklace they are AMAZING! LM has worn hers non stop since 3 months. Made a huge difference in her teething.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    Could be a growth spurt and it can be teething. Since it takes a very long time for teeth to break through and the go up and down a lot before they actually break the skin that could be causing some discomfort as well.

Fussy babies are hard. It will get better.

If it is his teeth I would look into an Amber Necklace they are AMAZING! LM has worn hers non stop since 3 months. Made a huge difference in her teething.
    Thanks! I think he is definitely teething. He does have an amber necklace & bracelet, but they're both quite big on him.
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Also it may be something with the cycles of the moon. I know that sounds hinky but it totally throws LOs off.

LM has been doing the same type of thing lately. Wakes up after not being down long and is just horrifically PISSED. It is very sad. I think her bottom eye teeth are coming in on top of turning into a toddler.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    Also it may be something with the cycles of the moon. I know that sounds hinky but it totally throws LOs off.

LM has been doing the same type of thing lately. Wakes up after not being down long and is just horrifically PISSED. It is very sad. I think her bottom eye teeth are coming in on top of turning into a toddler.
    I never thought of that- I'll look into more on it. And poor LM! I hope they come through quick, and she settles soon for you.
  8. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Right around 4 months is when Belle REALLY started fighting sleep. Her pediatrician recommended and gave me tips on "sleep training," which consisted of letting her cry 20 minutes in her crib, checking her and starting over. It really didn't take too long, but I know a lot of people who are anti-CIO, so yeah.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss[Pregg]O View Post
    Right around 4 months is when Belle REALLY started fighting sleep. Her pediatrician recommended and gave me tips on "sleep training," which consisted of letting her cry 20 minutes in her crib, checking her and starting over. It really didn't take too long, but I know a lot of people who are anti-CIO, so yeah.
    I was against CIO, once upon a time. However, I let meatball cry it out for the past few days. I just feel bad because he works himself up and is even more miserable.
  10. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    I was against CIO, once upon a time. However, I let meatball cry it out for the past few days. I just feel bad because he works himself up and is even more miserable.
    Yeah, Belle does that too sometimes. It helps when I put her down right after a bottle, she doesn't seem to get AS worked up then, but of course it still happens.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast