Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the heck?

1. Banned
    Banned

Question What the heck?

Advertisements
    Cameron is going through a growth spurt. I will be full, and he will drain both sides. Then about an hour later, he wants to eat again. But, he gets frustrated because he can't get very much milk out of the boob he needs to eat off of. Is this because he isn't giving me enough time to fill up again, or is my supply going down? He never goes more than 4 hours without eating, and he's been eating 2-3 times in the middle of the night; so if my supply is going down I don't understand why.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

No, it's not your supply (at least from what I read). He's eating so often to build your supply up. Just watch in a week, the feedings will space out again and he'll be satisfied. Also, just because you're not full doesn't mean you're out/running low. You techinally, never run out. Milk lets down in ways so even after the first wave is done and he's still nursing, another let down will happen.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Him eatin more will increase your supply. It might seem "low" the first day or two he eats like that but your body will pick up quick. Eat a bowl or two of oatmeal if you can to help.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Banned
    Banned
    Awesome. That makes sense. I was so confused as to why it seemed lower since he was eating more.

Thanks guys!
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post
    Awesome. That makes sense. I was so confused as to why it seemed lower since he was eating more.

Thanks guys!
    Its supply and demand just your body might take a day or so to get up to his in take. Every time he eats he's actually sending signals to your body on how much and what type of milk your body will produce.
    Your milk in the morning is different then your milk in the afternoon. Same with milk with a newborn compaired to a 6 month old
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie*Feeder View Post
    Its supply and demand just your body might take a day or so to get up to his in take. Every time he eats he's actually sending signals to your body on how much and what type of milk your body will produce.
    Your milk in the morning is different then your milk in the afternoon. Same with milk with a newborn compaired to a 6 month old
    I've always wondered how that works. How does that happen? His saliva?

Oh, and yesterday our doctor mentioned doing vitamin-D drops. Is that something we should start doing? He said we didn't have to, but it was something we could do.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post
    I've always wondered how that works. How does that happen? His saliva?

Oh, and yesterday our doctor mentioned doing vitamin-D drops. Is that something we should start doing? He said we didn't have to, but it was something we could do.
    Personally, we didn't do any vitamin drops. We left the hospital with a bottle and tried once. Bright yellow stuff everywhere and I was exclusively BF'ing so we chose not to. I think the only way you could logically do it would be mixing it into a bottle and we were not a bottle family whatsoever so we did without. Definitely didn't affect Wyatt in anyway.
  8. Senior Member
    If I am not mistaken vitamin D is made when your body is in the sun. So if you get enough sun time a week (I think it is like an hour total a week?) as well as him, then the drops are not needed.

How Much Sun Exposure Do I Need for Vitamin D? I am not sure how accurate this is since I just did a quick google but hopefuly it helps.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

We didn't do VitD drops they are NASTY and most babies hate them. They also don't normally NEED them provided they get out and about. I didn't do it.

Also if you feel like your milk is low, oatmeal and Millet help a lot. Millet is found in the bulk section. It's insanely good at helping milk supply.

Growth spurts are tiring be sure you are keeping your sugar up and eating and drinking enough water so you don't get down that will effect your supply too!
  10. Senior Member

There is a brand of vitamin d drops that requires just a single drop for the dose of vitamins a day, that is what i use. I put it directly on my nipple, seems to work well. I think the brand name is Carlson's. A bottle should last a whole year and they are about$14 on Amazon. I'm using them because I've always been vitamin d deficient.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast