Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Teething question

1. Banned
    Banned

Teething question

Advertisements
    The Booga is currently teething. It is so fun. Anywho, if you look in his mouth, you can see a tooth pressing against the gums. It's all hard and white. The only thing is, it is a molar. I thought babies got their front bottom/top teeth first, and their molars when they were older. Is this just this molars moving around, or is it normal for their molars to come in this young?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The average baby gets the bottom front teeth then the top and works their way out in a pattern. However, I'd like to meet this average baby. Wyatt got his teeth two at a time, at the least, one time we had 5 pop through in one week. He also already has his two year molars but is still missing one of his (I think they're called) eye teeth.
  3. Banned
    Banned

I just feel so bad for him. We've noticed that white spot for awhile, and now it is VERY apparent that it is a tooth and it's an angry tooth.

Poor, poor Booga. Damn teeth.
  4. Senior Member
    I haven't heard of children getting a molar first, but anything is possible. I'm assuming he has his 4 month appt soon? I'd ask his pediatrician about it.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    It's tomorrow (thankfully). I'm counting down the hours. But he's also getting shots, so that's just going to add to the fun.
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

The go up and down and up and down for a very long time before they pop through. Molars included. It likely will not break the skin for a very long time but will continue to rise and fall like his other teeth. It's normal.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    The go up and down and up and down for a very long time before they pop through. Molars included. It likely will not break the skin for a very long time but will continue to rise and fall like his other teeth. It's normal.

It took Addison forever to get teeth. I noticed they'd come up, and then nothing would happen. She never got teeth until she was 8-9 months old. Even now, at least 13 months old, she only has 6 and is teething another.