Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: omg idk what to do :(

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

omg idk what to do :(

Advertisements
    so i spent all day at the childrens ER with her from 11 am - 7 pm. just got home. i took her to urgent care on friday and they gave her amoxicillian and i didn't think she was getting any better so we took her to get her 4 months shots today and then to the ER. she was screaming the whole time and when we were leaving her temp was 99.9 and they chalked up her fever and crankiness from her shots. well we get home and now her fever is 102.6

wtf... i know this is probably an obvious question but should i go back? she's sleeping now and seems content but she's probably just sleeping from screaming all day..

what is wrong with my baby .

2. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Usually you don't need to go in unless the fever is 104. Give her a little infant tylenol/acetometaphin.

I can't believe they gave her her shots though..usually if a baby is sick they won't do it.

It's hard and it sucks when they are sick..just make sure she is hydrated and monitor her fever

Hope she feel better soon
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickadeebaby View Post
    Usually you don't need to go in unless the fever is 104. Give her a little infant tylenol/acetometaphin.

I can't believe they gave her her shots though..usually if a baby is sick they won't do it.

It's hard and it sucks when they are sick..just make sure she is hydrated and monitor her fever

Hope she feel better soon
    isnt it 100.4 and over? 102.6 seems off the charts

4. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Three months or younger is 101 fever for a doctor visit...older than that is 104.

A fever is a normal response of the body to fight illness.

ETA: http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/chi...llnesses/fever
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

My doctor wants to see Kalista if her fevers are over 102 until she is 1. After that over 104 that can't be brought down to under 102 with tylenol. Is there a nurse line you can call?
  6. Senior Member
    Does TriCare still have the 24 hour nurses line? If yes, or if your primary has a 24 hour line, call and ask. Also, look at the discharge papers from the ER, they should have a number on there to call.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  7. Moderator

I'd give tylenol and wait about 45 minutes to see if it lowers it at all. If it doesn't, I would definitely take her in.

I can't believe they gave her shots either, while she's sick. Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I'd give tylenol and wait about 45 minutes to see if it lowers it at all. If it doesn't, I would definitely take her in.

I can't believe they gave her shots either, while she's sick. Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon.
  9. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    okay its 102.0 now. and she seems content right now i'm gunna keep waiting to see if it keeps dropping

and i called them back and they said they can't give out info over the phone since they're not my pcp.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    My doctor wants to see Kalista if her fevers are over 102 until she is 1. After that over 104 that can't be brought down to under 102 with tylenol. Is there a nurse line you can call?
    Same with Aubs. I was told if she has a fever at or above 102, to bring her in. I'm glad that her fever is coming down-- are you taking it rectally?
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast