Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: C Section mommies

1. Senior Member

C Section mommies

Advertisements
    What was your pain like later in recovery? I'm 16 days post partum and completely off the prescription pain meds. I'm still taking ibuprofen here and there. I feel like my pain is getting worse. My nerves are waking back up on the outside and my tummy is tender to the touch. I feel a lot of pain inside, too. Especially when I sit up, walk a lot, etc. Idk, I guess I'm just wondering if it's normal to still be in pain at this point.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

At two weeks out, I was still taking ibuprofen and, I believe, Tylenol or another one like it inbetween the doses. I still had issues walking, getting out of a deeper chair, the bed, etc. It was pretty rough. I oculdn't even lean over to change his diaper at home for almost three weeks.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    What was your pain like later in recovery? I'm 16 days post partum and completely off the prescription pain meds. I'm still taking ibuprofen here and there. I feel like my pain is getting worse. My nerves are waking back up on the outside and my tummy is tender to the touch. I feel a lot of pain inside, too. Especially when I sit up, walk a lot, etc. Idk, I guess I'm just wondering if it's normal to still be in pain at this point.
    At that point I was still really sore. It's definitely normal to still feel pain at this point. Have you tried a warm compress? That helped me a bit. And don't over exert yourself! I learned the hard way. Lots of rest is the key to recovery.

Hope you heal quickly!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    At two weeks out I was pretty much fine, BUT I had spent those first two weeks only walking around the house and resting etc because DH deployed at two weeks pp so I'm not a prime example I'd say the internal pain is the bigger concern, so keep an eye on that. The worst for me was the sunburnt feeling on my tummy
  5. Senior Member
    I'm definitely up and around more than I should be, I think. Especially the last few days when my parents were here. It's hard to rest though with DH back to work and everything. Dana, the internal pain concerns me, too. I think I'll call the advice line tomorrow. It's not so much that it still hurts that worries me, it's that it's getting worse.
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

You have to be careful not to push yourself! Even if you feel great, you still need time to recover. About 10 days PP with Nikaia I felt AWESOME. I had only taken ibuprofen since I had her, all of my gas pains and discomfort were gone... I thought "HEY, This is EASY!" So, I decided to start cleaning my house and went out shopping, no big deal... then the next day I was gushing blood (first time since I left the hospital). Took it easy after that and it went away by the next day.

If you take it easy and it continues, definitely make an appointment. If you have an infection in your incision, you want to get it treated ASAP.
  7. Senior Member
    I may or may not have spent all day Friday shopping and all day Saturday walking around Nashville. I fail.