Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my sickly baby :(

1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.

my sickly baby :(

Advertisements
    is it okay if she doesn't wanna eat? she hasn't had a bottle since 9am this morning. i keep trying but she keeps push it out with her tongue.

she got amoxicillian from the dr yesterday and it has given her a little bit of diarrhea today.

and those of you who say use steam.. how do you do it? just turn the shower on hot and sit in the bathroom with her?

she's not too fussy.. just won't eat. idk.

2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Is she still having a lot of wet diapers?

How many hours has it been she she ate? 9? (I don't know where you live ).

My biggest concern would be not necessarily the fact that she wouldn't eat food, but that's she's not getting anything to drink (since formula/bm are both at this point). Babies can get dehydrated rather quickly. I'd keep an eye on her wet diapers. If they start to lessen, I'd probably take her in, or at least call her doctor.

Oh and the steam question, I would just turn the shower on as hot as it would go and sit down in the bathroom while it steams up for about 15-20 minutes.

3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    shes sleeping now. her diaper was soaked this morning but she's had wet diapers but they're not at all full like they usually are.. like she only pees once every time i change her. i just took her to the dr yesterday and they didn't seem to worried but i feel like shes getting worse im hoping her anti biotics start working asap. and im not sure how she fell asleep so easily.. i know she has to be starving .

she did drink a tiny bit of water earlier at 2:00 like 3 oz but that was it.

it's been 9 hours since she last ate.

4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Does she normally wake up during the night? If so, check her diaper when she does. If it seems pretty dry, and still refuses to eat, I'd call a nurse's hotline and ask them. The fact that she drank some water is good though, so hopefully she starts feeling better soon It sucks when your baby's sick and you don't know what to do What does she have?

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If all else fails, get some juice or Pedialyte. I know she's really little but if she's not taking a bottle, maybe she'll at least sip on juice or something else. That's still our last resort in this house but when he's sick, he doesn't (and didn't when he was Addy's age) want to eat or drink very much.
  6. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    Does she normally wake up during the night? If so, check her diaper when she does. If it seems pretty dry, and still refuses to eat, I'd call a nurse's hotline and ask them. The fact that she drank some water is good though, so hopefully she starts feeling better soon It sucks when your baby's sick and you don't know what to do What does she have?
    shes not alseep for the night yet. she takes a bath at 8:00 and then its a bottle then bed. im hoping after her bath she might eat.

she didn't even see a doctor when she went.. just a nurse practitioner. i swear she was probably the dumbest person ive ever dealt with. she said something like "well shes chewing on her hands so maybe she has a little bit of teething syndrom" (she's not even close to pooping a tooth yet)

and i said exactly "since when does teething cause lots of congestion, and a snotty nose?"

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    shes not alseep for the night yet. she takes a bath at 8:00 and then its a bottle then bed. im hoping after her bath she might eat.

she didn't even see a doctor when she went.. just a nurse practitioner. i swear she was probably the dumbest person ive ever dealt with. she said something like "well shes chewing on her hands so maybe she has a little bit of teething syndrom" (she's not even close to pooping a tooth yet)

and i said exactly "since when does teething cause lots of congestion, a sotty nose?"
    Teething will actually do that to lots of kids. Wyatt was around her age when he was gearing up for a tooth and was one of the lucky kids to get all snotty and congested from it. He even got fevers. It is a possibility that this is teething for her, she might be an early teether. And, just because you don't see/feel a tooth bud doesn't mean it's not there, I didn't know anything until Wyatt's bottom two teeth popped through and he caught my boob with them
  8. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post

and i said exactly "since when does teething cause lots of congestion, and a snotty nose?"
    I just don't understand why she would treat teething with amoxicillin?

She sounds like a strange bird

Anyway, I'd just keep a close eye on the wet diapers if she still doesn't eat, and maybe try huladangelo's idea with the pedialyte. It's better than nothing if she won't take anything else

9. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    why can babies come out talking? life would be so much easier.

10. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    i actually bought some baby juice today. ill try it when she wakes up thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast