Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Postpartum recovery questionss. (Mostly how longs...)

1. Señor Member
    Señor Member

Postpartum recovery questionss. (Mostly how longs...)

Advertisements
    Because I'm impatient

How long did it hurt to sit down?
    How long did you use your witch hazel pads? Did you use them by placing them in your pad, or did you just dab yourself with them and put on a pad?
    How long did your swelling last?
    How long was it until you felt like you could touch down there again (no, not being dirty , just plain touch without pain... or like shave...)
    How long until you could bend over-- say you dropped something, bending over with little to no pain without thinking about the best way TO bend over , or to shave your legs.
    How long did you bleed?

Did you tear? If so, was degree and how many tears? Internally or externally?

I tore in 3 different spots (internal). Second degree. So far, 4 days later I can bend over to nearly the floor if I've got Ibuprofen in me. I have to think about it, and I have to use my knees for all the weight. I've been putting tux in my pads since delivery.
    Tonight I just used the spray to see how that faired since I've started getting little tinges that I think are from the pads sticking to me. I have a slight burning without them in there, but it's easily ignored. I haven't felt the tinges yet so I'm hoping that I did find the source of them in keeping the pads in rather than just dabbing or using the spray.
    My vaginal swelling has gone down A LOT. I'm still a bit puffy, but nothing too terrible IMO. My feet are ridiculous. I can't fit my rings over my pinkies but I've always had teeeeny fingers so they pretty much look like normal people fingers My legs are pretty swollen, too. My swollen appendages haven't gone down at all from what I can see.

Looking for a light, people. Please rememberrrr
    Last edited by Ashley.; 11-17-2012 at 12:37 AM.

be cool.
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Well, I had c-sections so MOST of that I can't answer since my recovery was in a different area.... but the swelling. Oh man the swelling. I got it BAD after Kalista. It took about a week and then one morning I woke up DRENCHED in sweat, I had lost like 10lbs, and the swelling was GONE.

3. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Well, I had c-sections so MOST of that I can't answer since my recovery was in a different area.... but the swelling. Oh man the swelling. I got it BAD after Kalista. It took about a week and then one morning I woke up DRENCHED in sweat, I had lost like 10lbs, and the swelling was GONE.
    Uhg I hope mine goes away that soon! My large maternity pants were kind of loose before I gave birth, but now they're a comfortable but tight fit i only have two maternity pants

be cool.
  4. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

The spray stuff is a juggalo miracle.

Tucks pads in the fridge and I'd mush them bitches against my lady station and then pull up my panties.

Don't try to skimp, use all the pain relief methods you have until you run out and then you will be all oh, wow, it doesn't hurt anymore. Don't try to be a hero!
  5. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    it never really hurt to sit down but once i had sat for a while it started to get a little uncomfortable.

i never had a crowning feelings... im not sure what you speak of lol

i didn't use witch hazel pads. if they're for hemorrhoids.. i didn't have those.

i didn't have any swelling down there either or any through out my pregnancy.

it was about a week before i felt comfortable touching down there and cleaning it. and i could bend over find right after i had her

i only tore a tiny bit. like half of a half of a half centimeter.

did you get a peri bottle? if so use it!! seriously put luke warm water in it and squirt it on your vagina(the actual hole) while you pee! it feels better then sex at that point.. i swear. also use it to clean the blood and stuff off down there and if you have to wipe use baby wipes!!!!

also get some dermoplast spray. it's cold and numbing and also feels better than sex!

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, Baby♥ View Post
    Because I'm impatient

How long did it hurt to sit down? 5ish weeks before I could sit without a donut.
    How long did the crowning feeling last? Sorry, what crowning feeling? Describe what you mean.
    How long did you use your witch hazel pads? Did you use them by placing them in your pad, or did you just dab yourself with them and put on a pad? I used witch hazel pads and epifoam for about 8 or 10 weeks. I had bad tears and a huge bunch of painful hemorrhoids.
    How long did your swelling last? I honestly have no idea. Quite a while. At least 3 weeks. It would go down, then I would accidentally sit down wrong or sit too much or stand too much and it would swell back up again.
    How long was it until you felt like you could touch down there again (no, not being dirty , just plain touch without pain... or like shave...) Honestly, I had to force it early on. I had to put on the epifoam and everything since Scott left at 2 1/2 weeks postpartum and I didn't have anyone to help me. So...I have no memory of that, sorry.
    How long until you could bend over-- say you dropped something, bending over with little to no pain without thinking about the best way TO bend over , or to shave your legs. 3 or 4 weeks

Did you tear? If so, was degree and how many tears? Internally or externally? Second degree, I'm not sure how many. Both internally and externally. I wrote one in my birth story, but I was on drugs and just guessing because the medical staff was largely uncommunicative. It took the doctor 45 min to do my stitches, so in retrospect I think that it was more than one.

I tore in 3 different spots (internal). Second degree. So far, 4 days later I can bend over to nearly the floor if I've got Ibuprofen in me. I have to think about it, and I have to use my knees for all the weight. I've been putting tux in my pads since delivery.
    Tonight I just used the spray to see how that faired since I've started getting little tinges that I think are from the pads sticking to me. I have a slight burning without them in there, but it's easily ignored. I haven't felt the tinges yet so I'm hoping that I did find the source of them in keeping the pads in rather than just dabbing or using the spray.
    My vaginal swelling has gone down A LOT. I'm still a bit puffy, but nothing too terrible IMO. My feet are ridiculous. I can't fit my rings over my pinkies but I've always had teeeeny fingers so they pretty much look like normal people fingers My legs are pretty swollen, too. My swollen appendages haven't gone down at all from what I can see.

Looking for a light, people. Please rememberrrr
    Answers in bold Btw, my leg and foot swelling was gone by 3 days PP. My arms and fingers never swelled. Oh and my stitches took about 14 weeks to heal and fall out.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

7. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Miriah I hate you

I have dermoplast but I just started using it today. The Witch Hazel is for hemorrhoids, but its also a cooling comfort for your hoohaa. I don't think I had hemorrhoids, either. If I did, they're gone.

I have no idea what I meant about the crowing feeling I probably meant something else but I dont remember what

be cool.
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    did they give you a peri bottle? i used that thing for like 3 weeks. my vag hurt for a week but i kept using it because it just felt good.

9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    This thread has made me that much happier that I had a c-section

10. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    did they give you a peri bottle? i used that thing for like 3 weeks. my vag hurt for a week but i kept using it because it just felt good.
    Yeah but I guess they suck at showing you how to use it because I didn't realize you could actually get all up in there. And it takes the water FOREVERR to get warm in this damn house so I always get too impatient and just bare through cold water Still better than nothing, though.

be cool.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast