Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaking vigorously

1. Senior Member

Shaking vigorously- *Update in OP*

Advertisements
    So, Meatball has been shakey a few times, and I figured it was him just trying to stabilize his head. But today, it was scary. I was out to lunch with a friend, and he was sitting on my lap, and began shaking vigorously. It honestly looked like he was experiencing a seizure. Although, he wasn't. He was alert, happy, and total his normal sense. (before, during, and after) His head, body, and hands were shaking. My friend noticed it first, and asked what was wrong with him. (Matt was facing her.) It was insane. I immediately called a nurse hotline at his pediatrics office to see if this is something I should bring him into the ER for. They didn't seem too concerned since he is conscious and alert.

He has to go to the doctors on Monday morning, and have a neuro evaluation. I'm a mess! I'm praying everything is okay. We could really use all the goodvibes/prayers you have!

Has anyone experienced anything similiar?

*** Update ***

Matt went to the doctors today, and after a consult with a Doctor and Neurologist they decided to do multiple blood tests, and get a referral to the Naval Medical Center for a EEG & MRI. They think it could possibly be seizures but his symptoms don't really fit. (He is conscious and happy during his episodes.)

Not sure when he goes back for the EEG & MRI- I'm just waiting on a phone call.

Please continue to keep him in your thoughts. Goodvibes are always welcome.
    Last edited by Oh♥Merlot; 11-19-2012 at 06:10 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I hope they shed light on why it happened and how (if there is a way) to prevent it from happening again.
  4. Senior Member
    . We've had that happen a few time with Aidan. Especially if he's super tired. They haven't found anything, and as he's gotten older he's grown out of it mostly. If I remember correctly, it could be some type if reflex in younger babies. Similar to the morrow reflex, scarey, but normal and will be outgrown. I hope it's nothing. Aidan and I miss you! Does Matty like his bunnies and bear?
  5. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I hope everything is alright with Meatball. & headed your way!!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I've heard of those-- febrile seizures, I think they're called. I know that they're pretty common in infants. I'll be praying for y'all
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    I've heard of those-- febrile seizures, I think they're called. I know that they're pretty common in infants. I'll be praying for y'all
    Thats what I was thinking there called too but I wasn't sure.
    everything is gonna be ok
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Febrile seizures occur with a high fever, not generally alone without illness.
  10. Senior Member
    Thanks Guys. I don't think it is a febrile seizure. He doesn't have a fever, and hasn't in a long time. He also isn't sick.

Amy- Matt has been fighting sleep all afternoon, so I'm glad I can relate. I miss you too! Matt definitely loves his bunnies, but hasn't been introduced to his bear yet! we can't wait to see you and aidan!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast